1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pet Peeves, let's hear them.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Number27, Jan 4, 2010.

1. everyone's got them, which ones reeally grind your gears? (oooohoo he said it!)

i'll start: i hate when people clean up after me. really annoys the crap out of me cuz they put stuff away and inevitably i'll need whatever it was that was put away and i'll no longer be able to find it. drives me nuts :spit:

along a similar vein: i hate it when people tell me to clear up a mess before i've finished making it :p example: i'm oiling my fret board, which takes a while (gotta let it dry, etc) and my roomate comes and asks me if i'm gonna clean that stuff away.

2. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Oh, I dunno.....

here....hear....

;)

3. yea yea, i no (;)) but it was too late to change the thread title, lol

4. OOD

OOD

Jul 29, 2009
    i hate when drummers continue to play while we try to talk about something important. and i say drummers because drums are so loud!

5. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    1. Twitter and Facebook and the people who constantly talk about them.
    2. People constantly checking their iPhones
    3. people that ask for help before seeing if said device is plugged in.
    4. people not beating their kids for acting up in public

6. Kids saying constantly...OMG!
    Playing with cell ring tones.
    tourists leaving their litter/rubbish everywhere.
    Know-it-alls.
    PPL not paying attention at rehearsal.
    The acronyms...LOL and ROFL..
    Wankers who ask my Funk band to play 'Copper Head Road' or ACDC.

7. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    People who pronounce "cavalry" as "Calvary." Pro tip: Jesus didn't ride with Custer.

8. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Finding a half a cup of coffee in the communal coffee urn. If you kill it, fill it people!!

9. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx

I think that's a cover of a song by a country artist named steve earl

10. jacojazz156

jacojazz156

Feb 1, 2009
    Alabama
    Stupid people....for instance: the sound man for another band told me that having a bus makes you a better musician/singer.

11. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Roommates who complain about me not doing the dishes for the 3 days I was away and then proceed to not do ANY housework for months afterward. Or, basically, hypocrites.

12. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    Oh, so you know my ex-wife?

13. Money. More specifically, how expensive everything is. Also my inability to manage my finances. In combination, they have royally screwed me over.

14. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    it seems like most of you people dont realize that you can edit the title of the thread. Just go into off-topic and double click beside the name of your thread and an edit box shall appear!

15. Bassguy61

Bassguy61

Feb 28, 2008
    Pearl, MS
    Right now, I'd have to say people talking on their cell phones while in the restroom, and sitting on the crapper... Seriously, there's no one I need to talk to badly enough to warrant doing it while on the toilet!!

16. Amen!!!!

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    People who drag/scuff their feet when they walk.

Well, except for the ones who have a medical condition that prevents them from properly picking up their feet when they walk.

-Mike

18. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    Preach on! That just makes everyone uncomfortable: the person on the other end of the phone, the guy in the stall next to you . . . I don't believe that you are honestly that busy or important.

19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    One of our tech support analysts was on the phone with a customer while he was sitting on the toilet.

-Mike

20. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
    Pet peeve threads.