1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pet peeves!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Axtman, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Axtman

Axtman Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Seattle, Washington
    Mine: Speaker phones!

I hate them with a passion. I won't talk to anyone that is on one. (Unless of course it is a very important meeting.) I find that all to often that people will put you on speaker phone then do really noisy activities like hand wash dishes.

Okay what drives you crazy?

BurnOut and murphy like this.
  2. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    I don't mind if people have me on speaker but it's very annoying to hear someone talk to someone else through the speaker. I don't want to hear their conversation. Remember those stupid walkie talkie cellphones? Also, it's annoying when anyone talks loudly on their phone.

Drivers who keep inching up at a red light.

3. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    That and orange juice with pulp. It's like juice with fingernail clippings.

4. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

Aww c'mon now! O.J. with pulp is the good stuff!

5. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

I had a pet peeve once. It made a mess everywhere it went so I stopped feeding it and the little critter died.

ImNotJoel, Atshen and Immigrant like this.
  6. Anyone who doesn't drive as well as I do.

murphy, P. Aaron and Atshen like this.
  7. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    I get peeved at my pet almost daily

Mike A, murphy, Atshen and 1 other person like this.
  8. Probably have too many, but here are a few that have bugging me lately.

People who don't mute their phones when on conference calls. I hate being on a call at work and having to listen to some mouth breather panting directly into their receiver.

I've been taking the train to work for the past few months and some people's behavior is unreal. Everyone typically lines up very orderly on the platform where the train's doors are most likely going to end up (it's a full size commuter train with four cars, two doors per car). Lately, nearly every morning, this wanna be hipster walks right up as the train pulls in and hops on first. I've even seen him reach around the person at the front of the line to push the "open door" button when he felt ther person in front wasn't going it fast enough, then step in front of them and board. Most days it's not a huge deal but when the train is filling up, him cutting in line can be the difference in someone getting a solo seat or having to snuggle up next to someone.

Along those lines are the people who board at one of the train's earliest stops and sleep across the three-person seats while other people are standing. Also, the incredible amount of people who have no qualms about spitting all over the train platforms. They're outdoor platforms but still, at least spit on the tracks where nobody walks.

Immigrant and LiquidMidnight like this.
  9. Joedog

Joedog

Jan 28, 2010
    Pensacola FL
    LOL! Talk about first world problems!

SamJ likes this.
  10. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    Being late.

murphy and SamJ like this.
  11. Where do I start?

12. Funky Ghost

Wishy Washy people

Krystal Childs likes this.
  13. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    :rage:I don't like anything or anyone, so go away and leave me alone!
    or we could go get some lemonade.:thumbsup:

fhm555, Funky Ghost and Joedog like this.
  14. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    I kind of like this.

15. Funky Ghost

Sorta maybe?

16. Atshen

Atshen

Mar 13, 2003
    Grim Cold Québec
    My pet peeve is pet pee.

Stupid dogs who pee on my basement's concrete floor. :mad:

The stuff leaves awful white stains on my smooth glossy concrete floor. :(

I think I'll be cooking some Chinese dish soon. :thumbsup:

murphy likes this.
  17. Muddslide

Muddslide

Feb 23, 2007
    Mobile, Alabama
    I guess mine is people who make life harder than it has to be.

The world can already be plenty dark and troublesome without making it more difficult. Needless worry, being uptight about small things...

My boss, for instance. I have a job that COULD be cake if it weren't for my boss. We have a staff meeting every morning while there are a million things to get ready before we open, then 15 minutes after the staff meeting, she sends out a "Staff Briefing" email that summarize the staff meeting we just had 15 minutes earlier, but usually adding an assignment like "please send me your thoughts on the future of this organization 5 and 10 years down the road..." or some other inane crap nobody has time for.

Then, if you don't respond to her "Staff Briefing" email within 15 minutes, she sends out ANOTHER email: "Did you get the staff briefing? What did you think? Have you done what I asked you to do yet? Why haven't you responded to me?!?!?!??!?!"

On top of that, she wants to have two meetings per week with me one on one, and these generally last 60-90 minutes. I don't have the time for this kinda crap.

18. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Sick, funny, but sick.

Atshen likes this.