1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pet peeves!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Axtman, Apr 15, 2015.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Left-lane drivers righteously going slower than traffic and;

Enablers: those who use everyone else's green light to let in others who have gotten themselves into avoidable merging situations that they would otherwise think twice about if some do-gooder wouldn't bail them out.

Mike A, murphy and Vince Klortho like this.
  2. Boom762

Boom762 I AM the one who Booms! Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    People who who live in apartments or duplexes and believe sitting on the porch while they get drunk or high and talking loudly is somehow more epic than sitting inside where no one could hear them.

3. ImNotJoel

ImNotJoel

Jan 12, 2014
    Connecticut
    Pulp shouldn't be hard like nail clippings you may want to check your OJ. But I got a few funny food pet peeves.

Boneless Wyngz: They are chicken tenders don't go to a wing joint and think since they spell wings funny it makes them wings. If you buy the ticket take the ride. Traditional wings are great and full of flavor every time I see an adult eating those at a wing joint I want to ask if they need them cut up. Seriously I get a child eating them but an adult....come on.

People who eat american food at an ethnic restaurant. Why are you there? I find it kind of rude, have some respect for the culture and try something. I get it if it's a child who's a picky eater but as an adult....come on.

4. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    They're nuggets. Not wings. Nuggets. The world needs to stop calling them boneless wings. Some of them are quite tasty, but boneless wings they are not.

5. CatSquare

CatSquare

Mar 7, 2014
    Apostrophe misuse. It's rampant these days and I don't understand why. I'd rather see zero apostrophes than one misplaced one... Damnitall!

6. ImNotJoel

ImNotJoel

Jan 12, 2014
    Connecticut
    Thank you!

Hear that world they are not wings!

I forgot to mention there are boneless ribs....seriously what's the point. I admit I mainly eat bone in meat and may be biased but come one boneless ribs.

7. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    My pet peeve is the word "peeve"

8. "just sayin", especially when it is written.

Writing "subscribed" when there is a link to watch the thread.

Rob22315 and Jim Nazium like this.
  9. 1) People who come on TB and start a thread that is repeated once or twice a week without ever looking to see if it has been done before.

2) People who come on car forums and ask questions that are all answered in the owner's manual.

Atshen likes this.
  10. thabassmon

thabassmon

Sep 26, 2013
    New Zealand
    Mine is people that constantly call your phone to talk about absolutely nothing.

gjohnson441496 and murphy like this.
  11. gjohnson441496

gjohnson441496

Dec 14, 2014
    Oh, sorry. I thought this was the bash a Peavey thread. My bad.

Need Gigs likes this.
  12. AlembicPlayer

AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA
    people who say
    "Karma's a Bitch"

this shows a profound misunderstanding of Karma
    Karma is not revenge or "payback"

murphy likes this.
  13. BazzTard

BazzTard Banned

If someone puts me on speaker mode on a call I break up my voice so they hear me as breaking up,I then ask if they're on a speaker phone as I can't hear them. They quickly switch to normal mode hehe

Need Gigs and AlembicPlayer like this.
  14. bpclay1

bpclay1

Jul 3, 2014
    ... Maybe he should be checking the health of his fingernails instead...

My pet peeve is when people at a stop light aren't paying attention when it turns green, are slow off the starting line... You could have twenty people potentially get through a stop light, but when a couple people don't accelerate right away, it causes a dozen people to miss the green... I probably have road rage, and I'd like to cause harm to these people...

line6man likes this.
  15. tmdazed

tmdazed

Sep 29, 2012
    people that are chronically late (I am never late) and people that chew up any bullspit fed to them and spew it out as fact, logic is hard

16. gjohnson441496

gjohnson441496

Dec 14, 2014
    People that contract me to do a photo session, then want to tell me where to stand to shoot the images (as if they can see what I'm looking at through my lens).

There's a whole list of photography pet peeves I can talk about. I'll come back with more later.

17. There was a particular intersection that I used to have to use frequently, that would get busy during a certain time of day. Turning left meant six or seven minutes of waiting, because the light was only green for about twenty seconds, and the turn lane would always back up. It drove me mad when people would take their sweet time! When that short light turns green, you step on the gas, because there are 20 cars behind you that need to go, too!

gjohnson441496 likes this.
  18. One of my pet peeves is people who are so sincere in their feelings that they can't even spell out complete words. Examples are pls and thx. To me, that completely defeats the intent of politeness.

Another - the use of fail as a noun. The noun is failure.

And another - an interrogative sentence without a question mark. The keys are right next to each other so why is it so difficult?

19. Do people actually do that? I thought it was just an internet meme.

20. I sometimes see it in headlines at new sites now. Massive failure. :rolleyes: