1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pet peeves!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Axtman, Apr 15, 2015.

1. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    TURN SIGNALS!! Use them!

2. GuiTuber

GuiTuber

Feb 19, 2015
    San Antonio, TX
    The "slow drivers at a light" thing gets me because of the gas it wastes. If we all just worked together on the roads, not only would we all save time, but gas as well.

Here's one for you: employees that cut in front of customers

Whether it's a restaurant or grocery store, whatever, when an employee walks in front of a customer, it just annoys me to no end. I don't own a business, but if I did, this would be one of the first things I would tell my employees. Does the customer come first? Then let them by.

And speaking of grocery stores, those rubber dividers used to separate each customer's items. Dear checkers, please put them where the customer can reach them, not near you. In our local stores, it has become customary of the customers to put a divider down for the next person so as to avoid the awkward "boarding house reach".

LiquidMidnight and murphy like this.
  3. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    b229x1uijsisv4dnyhsz.

murphy and Atshen like this.
  4. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Drivers that don't turn their lights on at night....GRRRRR

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  5. People, that when they post, replace the "y" with "eh".

Teh thing is...it's not funneh. A kitten is not a kitteh. But realleh, it's their own business how they spell I guess.....

Bit late to the parteh per this thread.

6. Just be careful about O.J. with knives and gloves.

LiquidMidnight likes this.
  7. Business buzzwords are an easy target, but we have a few at my company that really bug me:
    "ask" used as a noun, as in "I have an ask for your team"
    "leverage" used as a verb in place of the word "use", as in "We plan to leverage the new software"
    "teaming" used to mean working as a team, as in "Here are some rules for good teaming"

LiquidMidnight, murphy and ZenG like this.
  8. ChrisB2

ChrisB2 Bass... in your fass

Feb 27, 2008
    TalkBass > Off Topic
    Music related threads in OT.... BAHHH!!!

"Hover boards" that do not hover! But do spontaneously combust!! BAHHH!!!

Fingernails in my OJ!!! BAHHH!!!

Mysoginists!! BAHHH!!!

9. Button.

Pronounced Butten.

NOT Buh'in.

:rollno:

10. El Güero

El Güero

Oct 5, 2015
    BRAKES!! Use them too!

THEY'RE NOT JUST FOR PARKING.

murphy likes this.
  11. - Driving in the left lane.
    - Cutting across lane(s) of traffic because you are doing so.
    - Tailgating.

murphy likes this.
  12. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    and "Utilize" instead of "Use"

Pilgrim and LiquidMidnight like this.
  13. I bought a new printer today for $35. because the ink for my old one was $51. Something is wrong when a printer with ink included is less expensive than the ink by itself.

14. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    I got a new one.... bass players who do covers of songs... and only show themselves from the chest up...... or any other angle where you can't see what they are doing on the bass.... What the??!!??!! What is that!!??!?!

NEWSFLASH!

No one wants to see you but YOU... and maybe your mother and your girl... so if you just want to see yourself then... then do it in a mirror. If you are going to take the time to record a video and play a cover ..... then let people see your bass well so they can see what in SamHill you are playing.. and how you are playing it because that makes for a better cover video and it is the main reason people go to YT looking for covers.. to get some insight on how to play them. :bored:

15. I was driving tonight at almost 9pm & folks were coming at me on the road with no lights on.
    If I flash them, nothing changes.

murphy likes this.
  16. Fleebag

Fleebag Quacker!

Sep 7, 2013
    Illinois USA
    GregC likes this.
  17. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    Ribs excepted, meat with bones in it, especially chicken. First off I'm paying for something I can't eat, It's also usually impossible to eat without looking like a caveman, and I don't think that the bones add that much flavor, and I usually don't care if somethings harder or takes longer if it adds flavor.

18. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    The damn duck lips in pictures. This girl at work was taking a selfie and doing the duck lips. I was in a foul mood and asked if she thought that looked sexy or she was being ironic. She's got really offended.

murphy, FilterFunk and shadowtippy like this.
  19. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    You're not holding a piece of chicken mushing it into your face. The bones add tons of flavor. It's your loss.

20. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I call it "kissy-face." So overdone.