Pet Peeves?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stoned Bass, Jul 13, 2005.

1. What are your pet hates? (Simple things you just can't stand for no apparent reason)

mine include:

-The Blue stuff in tampon adds

-Free Jazz (IMO) :spit:

-People who think Busted are an example of rock music :rolleyes:

-Lynard Skynard ( not the music)

-People who play to stereotypes.

-Horrid Rat pack music. Frank Sinatra could not sing (IMO) :eyebrow:

-Westerns, especially ,John(I can't act Marion!) Wayne(IMO) :scowl:

-Sell Outs :(

I will Probably get crucified for this post :bag:
  2. ...when people misspell Lynrd Skynrd. Come on, man- you know you have all their albums.

Seriously, my pets(all cats)hate when the food bowl is empty. Otherwise, they're easy.

3. I can think of several reasons one might hate ignorance(see original post- "simple things you hate for no apparent reason").

4. Ok then, ^ that's mine
  5. I can see no reason to hate THAT- yet I do. Perhaps if it were green...
  6. Mr.Phil

Apr 9, 2005
    Upstate NY
    I hate when people whine and complain about useless things...
  7. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Its window washer... you know... the stuff that you spray on your windshield when you hit a bug/bird/deer/old lady....

John Wayne is cool...

I don’t really hate anything... if i had to choose one...

...small dogs can go to hell... if you want a portable useless thing to carry around where ever you go get a damn pet rock and be happy... Oh and don’t dress dogs up... its not cute... its more like... animal cruelty... except if its balls protector... as shown here on the logo

Those are freaken cool and i think i need one too...
  8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Lighten up fellas, this thread is no more "pointless" than any other off topic thread.

The title had me a bit confused though... Pet Peeves you mean right? Because when I saw it, it reminded me of a funny story. My grandma's old dog, who passed, use to get freaked out when you'd grab a bottle of hot sauce and shake it, "HOT SAUCE TED, HOT SAUCE" we'd yell and he'd dance and bark. It was weird.

My contribution: Wal*Mart shoppers.
  9. WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Shoot, I'm not sure. I just sat here thinking of simple things I hate, and it's a big list, believe you me, but I hate them all for a reason.

Seriously? I hate the misuse of words such as 'Diva.' It has a definite use in the musical lexicon, and now I guess it applies to any attractive woman. I could probably make a whole list of words whose meaning has warped over a very short time.

There's no reason for this, I should be used to it, and it's no big deal. But it gets under my skin, ya know?
  10. allow me to piggyback this and expand: the Wal-Mart Experience. from that first turn into the parking lot when a roving group of prepubescent kids walk in front of my moving vehicle, to the endless search for a parking spot in the same zip code as the store, to the clientele I'm exposed to ("where do ya keep tha rat poison, son?"), to the edless search for merchandise and a register to check out at. I hate it all. No, i don't shop there anymore.

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    The sad thing is, I do shop there. A) My girlfriend works there B) It's cheap/close. It really leaves me with no option. Not to get too much into it, but Wal*Mart shoppers is a generic term I use now, I use it as an insult. I deal with some jerk wherever, and I'm like, "I bet they shop at Wal*Mart."

Wal*Mart customers are children, and like children, they should be punished. But Wally world plays the role of the parent that always caves in. The Wal*Mart I'm at, takes returns from stores that aren't Wal*Mart! It can have a giant sticker on it that says, "Target" and this Wal*Mart will take it! And if people don't get what they want, they kick and scream and make a fit until they get what they want. The customer is not always right, and we need to stop treating them as such.
  12. I take a hit in the wallet every time. On everything else (especially the punishment) +1

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    HA, I just remebered a story about Wal*Mart and me being a jerk customer. I bought the Best of George Clinton at the Wal*Mart on cassette. I was rocking it hard in my mom's minivan then the last track comes on, and it's censored! It's not even a light fuzzed out beep, it's a huge annoying beep and it cuts the music, throwing it off time! This was a while back and at a different Wal*Mart, and I didn't like the night manager, so I went and complained to her... it went something like this.

Me: I'd like to return this
    Jerk: But this is opened
    Me: Well, it's censored, and it wasn't stated on the wrapping.
    Jerk: It says "Edit" next to the track
    Me: That could mean a lot of things, and this is awful, it's a huge annoying beep!
    Jerk: Listen We cannot take open...
    Me: No, you listen, this is GEORGE ****ING CLINTON! Alright?! Ringing any bells?! If James Brown is the Godfather of funk, this guy is... well I don't know, but he's ****ing awesome. YOU DO NOT CENSOR GEORGE CLINTON!
    Jerk: We still can't take it.

I then threw the tape on the counter and was like, "Well you can keep it then." And stormed out. I wasn't really mad at all, I just hated "jerk"
  14. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

You don't perhaps mean Lynyrd Skynyrd do you?
  15. James Brown is the Godfather of *Soul*- not funk, otherwise I find no reason to hate on you.
  16. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    A few of my pet peeves are.....

1) When the wife squeezes the tube of toothpaste from the top of the tube. I don't really have a reason why, it just does.

2) Slow drivers. Not the people that do the speed limit, the ones that drive 10 to 15 mph. under. FOR NO REASON!!!

3) Watching dogs drag their ass across a carpet. (envious?) :bag:

4) Big women that wear shirts that don't fit. "Sexy belly!" ~puke~