1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pete Wentz Fan Club!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Mikeeltoro, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikeeltoro

Mikeeltoro

Apr 10, 2005
    Woodbridge, NJ
    ok. i know of him, but never payed attenation to his music let alone his bass parts. however, he plays a pink and black p bass (obivously paying homage to bret hart of the hart foundation) and i think that in itself is worth having devoted fan club members. i want to hold a contest of sorts.... i will buy a BT'er a fall out boy cd if they can recorded better bass parts for any fall out boy hit single. i guess the songs would be hosted somewhere and we'll hold a poll of some type.i think this is a good way to debute our newest club on TB!

rules are...

1. one entry per player
    2. parts must fit the song.
    3. solos are ok, but need 2 bass tracks and must be bass solos, not guitar solos on bass.
    4. pete wentz can not take part in the contest.
    5. conUSA only.
    6. Bonus points if you record the parts on his signature squire pbass!!!!!!!!!!!!
    7. all entries must be submitted by 7.1.2008
    8. upon winning, you will have a choice of digital download or physical delivery. PM when you.

Good Luck!

Michael Lisboa

2. Greyvagabond

Greyvagabond Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Its really hard to write a bass part OTHER than following the root note for a Fall Out Boy song. Anything else would just be completely unnecessary! I bet Matt Freeman (Rancid) could melt the face off of Pete Wentz with one riff over a FOB song, though! Although...doesn't nearly write as catchy songs!

3. This intrigues me.

4. Mikeeltoro

Mikeeltoro

Apr 10, 2005
    Woodbridge, NJ
    and that makes it fun. i am sure TBers can come up with something. the prize is worth it!!!!!!!!!!!

5. nickn

nickn

Oct 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Pete Wentz has fans? :eyebrow:

6. MaxZolt

MaxZolt

Aug 21, 2007
    Westport, CT
    I don't really want a Fall Out Boy CD...can I have my own Fender signature line instead?

7. BELLATOR

BELLATOR

Sep 7, 2005
    I thought this was a joke thread. :scowl:

8. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Oh, no... We're not really doing this, are we???

9. woah no......

10. lol, i do belieave some people like him, but i doupt its for his bass playing, probably young girls who like prettyboy musicians like him, but i've heard nothing interesting bass related from fallout boy.

11. Mikeeltoro

Mikeeltoro

Apr 10, 2005
    Woodbridge, NJ
    that is why we're going to make fallout boy's music more interesting. think of it as.... sugguesting alternatives to playing solely off the root, 5th, and ocative. who knows, maybe he'll use these basslines. i'm sure he needs them lol.

12. pete wentz r00lz but mark hoppus r0000lz over allz

13. This whole thread is a waste of time.

14. search "pete wentz exposed" on google and you should get some interesting stuff.
    as a big fan of bret hart, i dont believe pete wentz should get a club for that :/

15. Mikeeltoro

Mikeeltoro

Apr 10, 2005
    Woodbridge, NJ
    yeh.... and the pink & black combo are the colors of greatness. we need to lay down these bass parts guys. i'm also thinking of setting up the fallout boy bassline charity fund. all bass lines donated will be fowarded to pete wentz for new fallout boy songs.

16. It isn't?:confused:

17. If I win, can you just kick me in the nads instead?

18. :rolleyes::D

19. Mikeeltoro

Mikeeltoro

Apr 10, 2005
    Woodbridge, NJ
    i'm sure if you write awesome basslines for pete wentz, he will do anything you want him to do with your nads.

still nothing submitted.... what are we waiting for???? pete needs us!

20. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    You guys are terrible. Buncha haters.:scowl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.