Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peter Gabriel Summer US Tour

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by James Hart, Jun 20, 2003.

1. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    w00t!

I'm gearing up for an amazingly wet evening at the
    PNC Art Center here in NJ seeing Peter Gabriel
    with special guest Sevara Nazarkhan (real cool stuff)

I've got seats just behind the sound boards, best I could get with my money :meh:

I haven't been this excited about a show in a while...
    my wife has never been to a show that I wasn't performing in,
    She enjoyed the freeview of 'Secret World' so
    much that I got us tickets for this show.

(the last show I saw was Tony Levin with Liquid
    Tension Experiment in the late 90's)

2. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

I cought the first US leg a few months ago, it was an amazing show. They did it in the round and had some amazing stage props. Tony's basses and effects would just pop out of the floor (by some tech) and disappear just a fast.

I can't afford it this time.

Have fun.

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    I'm curious to see the stage this show... the Art Center is a bit smaller then the Burn... I mean Continental Airlines blah blah blah... what ever the call the arena in north jersey these days.

Peter's band has consistently been one of my favorites. Tony Levin has the most amazing lines... and his friggin tone mixed with Peter's gravelly voice is perfection.

4 1/2 hours till I leave :bassist:

4. You lucky one! I really want to see them in Montreal, but I'm not quite sure yet. Some personnal problems... :(

5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    SWEET!!!

Hope you enjoy it... I'd love to see it but I think I'm S.O.L.

:(

6. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Maybe there'll be a DVD of the tour at least..

(..sigh..)

:(

7. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I saw the tour last November, and I'm going again July 1. This time, I have 3rd row seats (thank you, Ebay), on Tony Levin's side. Can't wait.

8. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    I heard what they did the other night in Mass.

This is the not supporting the new album tour. I really wish I went.Tehy got the clasics.

Games with out frontieres,biko,shock the monkey........

:( :( :( :(

AJ

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    w00t! heading out the door!!!!!!

btw they are selling official bootlegs $25 for 2 CDs of board feed

later guys

:bassist: :bassist:

10. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    what a friggin show!!!!

Sevara blew me away, the bassist played a new looking Fender Jazz in 3-tone burst w/ white guard. Real nice tone. The drummer shined as brightly as Sevara herself, great chops, groove, tempo, feel. I'm going to order her disk this week (they wanted $25 each for her's and Levin's disks at the Shirt shop). If you like world music or Anime soundtracks it's worth a listen.

Mr. Tony Levin, what more is there to say :cool: he is a true master. Orange MusicMan 5 mainly, his popsicle stick on 5 or 6 tunes (bowed well on one) and a black sticker wearing saber (I think.. 2 pickup MM)on one and his 'Stick' on another. Lots of keyboard bass... lots of fretting the MM like it was a 'Stick" and using the keyboard with the other hand. The stick was a little thin, but the tone was there... the rest was typical Levin tone.

Peter's band is top notch and he was at the top of his game too. The new "chick" to replace Paula Cole paled in comparison (but most mortal women do)... she was introduced as his daughter :eek: She was good, nailed most everything but shes not the entertainer Paula, Sevara or her father are.

The coolest bit was the backline... sit down for this all you 1000+watters.... none!!!!

I saw no backline! No guitar amp, keyboard amp, bass amp, etc. Everyone ran direct and had monitor feed :cool: the way I like it.

Our seats were uncovered so it was a long wet show, the Mrs's cried with 'in your eyes' from the overwelming joy (why didn't I get ticket to something like this earlier).

Peter did all her favorites... he opened with 'Red Rain', skipped 'Biko' (not one of my favorite tunes anyway)... head cam was on for 'digin in the dirt', random light suit for 'sledgehammer', phone booth for 'talk to me'. He played all the good ones.

'Signal to Noise' really stood out as a highlight.

it's been 4 hours since the show and I'm now dry and tired... I've got a few Gabriel disks spinning on shuffle and I'm gonna pass out a happy dude

:bassist:

11. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    bump for Peter, Tony and Sevara :cool:

I can't wait to get my official bootleg! I wish I could swing a trip to Camden tonight for the show there.

12. Darn! Now I really have to see that show!!!
    :bassist: