Peter Gabriel- Vocals on Epping Forest

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by page, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Is that him doing all of the vocals on "Battle of Epping Forest"? Those are beserk vocals, very good indeed.

Also , is Gabriel's solo work worth checking out? I know Tony Levin plays on them , which is worthwhile just for that. Is is Solo stuff prog?? Its not like Phil Collins solo work is it??? Any suggestions?

Thanks guys
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    more artsy then prog... He is one of my favorite writer/singer/performers.

I'm really digging his newest disc... but I own all of them, each one has their strong and weak points.

check out some samples
  3. elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    I expect that Phil did backing vox on that record, and possibly Mike as well?
  4. It's Gabriel and Collins doing vocals on Epping Forest. The more outrageous "voice characterizations" (the Reverend, Bob the Nob, the judge, Harold Demure, et al.) are Gabriel's (though that's probably Collins pitching in with a "You're telling me!" a la one of Monty Python's "Pepperpots".)

Yes, all of Gabriel's work since leaving Genesis has a certain quotient of progressiveness to it and all are well worth your while. As for the bass, that's just Tony Levin being Tony Levin.
  5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The bass playing on "Epping Forest" is good stuff too. Heck, that whole record is awesome! One of my all-time favorites!
  6. chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    Gabriel's early solo discs are definitely much more interesting and much less commercial than Collins's solo efforts. I haven't listened to much Gabriel recently. His fourth solo release, "Security", is one of my all time favorites - dark and foreboding.
  7. It's worlds better.