Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peter gunns theme song.

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Bluez Dawg, Jan 27, 2006.

1. I've trying to learn this song, and I think I am really close of ding so, Acorrding to the tabs I have its frets 2 3 and 5 and open E

so it be like this.

E 0 2 3 5
    A
    D
    G

or

E openE f# G A
    A
    D
    G

but it dont seem right? it feels like its too much for a stretch.:hyper: :ninja: :bassist:

2. jazzbo58

jazzbo58 Bassist for My Man Godbey Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2001
    New Orleans, LA USA
    The way I've always played it.

EEF#EGEAG
    OR
    E-00203053
    A-
    D-
    G-
    Hopes this helps.

Cheers,
    Jim

3. It kind of does, but I do not know the exact fingers to use, and I'm a profectionist when it comes to everything I do.

4. jazzbo58

Apr 21, 2001
    New Orleans, LA USA
    I think it's straight eight notes.
    1&2&3&4&. I've never think too much about which fingers I'm using it just happens.

Jim

5. Jim i've gathered that from lisiting tot he song, but what are the exact notes on the e string? I like to impress my teacher tomarrow afternoone, And thanks for replying Jim.

6. jazzbo58

Apr 21, 2001
    New Orleans, LA USA
    No problem Derek!:) I'm not good at trying to tab out , but here goes nothing.;)

1&2 &3&4&
    E-002 03053
    EEF#EGEAG
    A-
    D-
    G-
    Good Luck with this I'm sure you'll do fine.

Jim

7. bass_extremes

bass_extremes

Jul 9, 2005
    I played this song with my school jazz band and I have the sheet music for it. in the key I have it in its all eights and the notes are F F G FAb F Bb A the lower case b's represent flats so its Aflat and B flat so with a tab it would be

A-------------1-0-----------
    E-1-1-3-1-4-1--------------------

8. btw bass_extremes I do know what flats are :) but thank you for the reminder dude, and thank you guys for the help.

9. bass_extremes

bass_extremes

Jul 9, 2005
    well I wasnt really sure if it would confuse you so I thought I would write it down just to make sure everything was understandable.

10. Also guys their is a slide fromt he f# to the g then open e again woohoo, I learned the song today to play it the right way.

11. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    It's such a great groove! I love to play it, but I've been amazed for years at how many people F up the melody! What is so hard about it? I cringe now when someone wants to jump into it. I feel like asking "are you SURE you know the melody, dude?"

12. it's

E: e e f# e "f# to slide g" then repeat and rinse :)

13. when I get good enough to record a little demo of this song, what is the suggested speed? like 175 ish?

14. G|
    D|
    A|
    E|0-0-2-0-3-0-5-3|

G|
    D|
    A|-0-0-2-0-3-0-5-3|
    E|

G|
    D|
    A|-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-1-0-0-0-0-----|
    E|-------------------------------33|

G|
    D|
    A|----------0-0-3-3----2~-2~---------|
    E|-0-0-4-4----------------------4~-4~|

yeah my teacher taught me that, one bit i not sure of but yeah. ok hope it works for u!

15. My teacher taught me this song over the weekend, and I must say this version you posted Ben is not right, its only the E string for us bassist, I am not sure about the lead guityarist though.

16. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Spelling and grammar excluded, presumably...?

:D

17. Sorry my bad, I was very tired when I typed that out, Oh well lol.

:hyper: :ninja: :bassist:

18. Also how long will it take me to get up to speed?, right now I can play it fine, but when I try to play it fast my fingers seem to pile up on each other, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr its mading.

:hyper: :ninja: :bassist:

19. No worries, just start slow and gradually increase the speed, it'll come.

20. Ray-man

Ray-man Guest

Sep 10, 2005
    Try playing it at almost twice the original speed and transposed up a half-step, like my son has to do for pep band at basketball games (damned horn players anyhow). That'll give ya a cramp.

Makes you a better player, though.