Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peter Hook's bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by corinpills, Jan 5, 2003.

1. corinpills

corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Whenever talk comes around to hollowbody basses, I always mean to ask what any of you may know about the black bass that Peter Hook plays with new Order. It looks vaguely like a Gibson EB2, but seems to be long scale (either that or Peter hook has weird short arms- which I doubt considering how low he wears that sucker). Must be some custom jobber- I suspect German involvement. I've done some internet searches, but to no avail. Anyone know?

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

These are the best pictures I could find. That headstock is definitely not a Gibson design. I can't make out the brand in the photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

4. corinpills

corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Thanks, there we go. He looks pretty cool with that thing for an old geezer, eh?

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Nah - he looks like a real "poser" - and he doesn't really play bass any more - he just plays lead on that instrument!

6. ...and since that is superbly suitable for the type of songs New Order play, it's a brilliant thing to do. ;)