Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pets need your help, "now"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by nonsqtr, Sep 16, 2005.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    This is a replica of a thread I posted over in TPA - hopefully, it won't be considered too "political" to remove from here - but rhere's a real crisis in terms of abandoned animals in the metro New Orleans area.

We just adopted an abandoned puppy from New Orleans, just about an hour ago.

There are thousands of pets, that need your help. Please, adopt one of them if you can.

Please check this out, and adopt a pet if you can:

The web site is http://nsalamerica.org

They'll fly them out to you, if you pay for air freight.

It's not much, maybe a hundred bucks or so.

Please, pretty please, help these kids. The NOAA just rescued about twenty dolphins, and they're putting them up in a Holiday Inn in the 9th ward.

But you and I, can take care of some of the puppies and kittens that don't have homes anymore.

Please, check this web site, and do everything you can to help. I guarantee, that you won't be disappointed.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    thanks Brian,

I've been sending my donations to a couple animal groups. My mother-in-law is looking for a small dog to adopt, I sent her the link

3. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Our puppy is arriving this morning, Nicky's going to pick her up at the airport in a couple of hours.

You'd be amazed at what the NSAL has to offer, they have the usual cats and dogs, but also racoons, possums, birds, and even exotic wildlife that need homes in zoos and so on.

There are several hundred horses, that need new homes. They're living on a subsistence diet right now, and anyone who has the space, could do these animals some real good.

There's a circus elephant that needs a home, right now it looks like he's going to Wyoming.

Please folks, if there's anything you can do to adopt one of these abandoned animals, please do so.

Most of us, can take in a puppy or a kitten, can't we?

4. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Poor elephant.. lol had too sorry!

But hey did ya think of a name for youre doggy yet?

5. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Oh man, if I didn't have two cats already I'd love to take in another one or two.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    How did you get them to ship the dog to you? When I looked around the website, it asks that a person come to the facility to make sure they are a suitable owner first. I'd like to help out, but I can't be making a trip to New York to pick up a dog.

-Mike

7. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    North Shore Animal League is a great organization. We adopted our 2 puppies from there. We also donated to them recently to assist in their Katrina rescue efforts.

My girlfriend went down there this past Mon to adopt a hurricane dog. The ones they had all got adopted over the weekend, and the others were all too sick for adoption.

We still ended up rescuing a little guy. He came from a kill shelter in Tennesee. The new one's name is Charlie, and he's amazing.
    [​IMG]
    and Dylan:
    [​IMG]

8. rhett

rhett

Dec 23, 2004
    Austin TX
    yeah, what he said. or anything closer?
    been thinking hard about takin in one of these kids.
    OTOH, i couldn't believe CNN spent 20 minutes on live coverage of the Coast Guard trying to coax a scared hungry dog down a staircase the other day. wouldn't have suprised me if it had been FOX - they'd have figured out a way to blame it on Clinton....
    thanks for starting a great thread.

9. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I got a "we'll see.." outta the rents..
    woot some progress!

10. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Hey, nice pics there, Burnt-man. :)

I'm trying to get my other machine running, so we can post a few pics of ours. She just arrived yesterday, and she's been licking us silly all day. She's clearly in need of love and affection.

(Plus she's been eating us out of house and home, which is probably a good thing). :D

Here's another site: http://www.hsus.org

We're going down to ground zero later in the week, I'll be a couple days ahead of Nicky, she's going to spell me when I get tired. Our first job is going to be to position my drummer's mom, who's 80 years old and just lost everything. After that, we'll do what we can to help anyone and everyone.

Depending on how things go, we might adopt another pet from NSAL. We just got a nasty letter from FEMA yesterday (see TPA for further details), in relation to our first adoption, but frankly, they can go kiss my *ss.

That's the last thing I'm going to respond to, when we've got people on the ground that are being forced to start over.

We've already referred the matter to an attorney, and he's the best there is, the gov is going to get an earful on this one.

My drummer's mom is 80+ years old, and she just lost everything - her house, her friends.... God, let me not even go there.

We're flying out with her on Friday, to inspect the damage, and find out what really happened.

She wants to move back in, but we're railing her with all kinds of valid scientific arguments right now - we'll see if she listens.

And meanwhile, I wish Nicky and I had more space, we could probably adopt another puppy or two if that were the case.

And ignore several more letters from FEMA. :D

11. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Fight the system man..!
    /Tommy Chong voice

:p :cool: :)

12. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    Nice job Brian. My 4 dogs thank you. I wish I could take in more.