Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PETS-What do you have/want and most original name?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by rocknhard, Sep 9, 2003.

1. rocknhard

rocknhard

Aug 30, 2003
    OK guys and gals, another thread about Pets. What kind of pet do you have or wish you had? What is or would be it's name? Let see who the creative ones are out there.

It's certainly not me. We recently got a new cat in the house and for lack something better, thus far we're calling it DC...Short for D*MN CAT!!

:eek:

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I have a female keeshond named cookie.

I used to have a male american shorthair cat named Samwise. but he ran off when we moved :(

I wouldn't mind having another kees, and another cat.

I also would love a welsh corgi, or a jack russel terrier.

3. odie

odie Supporting Member

Cat named NOODLES.

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    My pets don't have very original names. Senegal Parrot named Cricket, a Cocker Spaniel named Keeley, and a half-poodle-half-pekenese (sp?) named Stinky (I just call her "Dog").

5. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    I have two Anoles - a type of small lizard. Names are Topiary and Earwax. Don't know if they're boys or girls.

6. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
  7. i have a one and a half year old ferret. his name is Gary, hes teh win :p

[​IMG]

8. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    I've a black lab named Stilton. I've also a cross breed called tess but it soon became known as 'bad tess'. (both dogs live at my dads).

Had 5 cats but now only have 2, 3 went missing about 4 weeks ago :'O( They were called; Winston (8yr old female), Jimmy D and Garfield. The two remainers are Shaun and Tom.

We have some clawed albino toads that are collectivly known as 'the Naked Frogs'.

A chameleon named Charlie.

I have 4 tarantula's of my own, and my brother has somewhwere in the region of 60+.

Some of their names include:
    Harriot (had her about 10/11 years now, laid an egg some time back so i'll post pics when it hatches)
    Taco
    Bruce
    Roach
    Dave
    King Louey (its a king baboon spider so is named after K.L from the jungle book).

The spider site I've been owrking on will be ready to share in the next few days so I'll start a thread. It has over 50 pics taken of our spiders. I dont know much about them,I just build/uplaod the site etc.

PS - I sued to have ferrets too, a very tame pole-cat named mojo and an aggressive white one called ice (female). We managed to tame her after a few months though.

9. I want a basset hound and i would name it fred

10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    When I was a kid, we had 3 cats: Dingbat (named after a softball bat :D), Dammit (a truly earned name, even though he was a very loveable cat), and Daisy (I wanted to name her "God", so I could go out and yell for the cats - "God, Dammit, Dingbat!!! Dinner time!!!" - that would have been fun right across the street from a Roman Catholic church! ;). Mom wouldn't let me :( ).

I had a Pembroke Welsh Corgi for years named Ripley, after the main character in "Alien/Aliens". It was a male dog though! :eek: His full AKC name was Ripley Nostromo Lewis (Nostromo was the name of the spaceship in the first movie/book).

Presently, I have two cats, a 16 year old male tabby named Anniken (remember, he's 16! :D), and a 13 year old white male named Obi Wan. They're my chillins, they sleep ON me every night.

11. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    ferret - Adri

dogs - Nina, Lola and Tina

Parrot that barks like Nina - Rene

cat - Babie

12. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I have a cat named Blue, a turtle named Yellow, and a bearded dragon named Green. Sometimes I call the cat Fur-Bad. The cat thinks he's a dog. He comes when you call him and plays fetch.

13. My dog is currently living with my parents but I still think he is my dog. He is a pure black lab and his name is Merckx after the greatest cyclist.

14. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Well, no fearrats but ...

A standard poodle named Camille.

An orange cat the kids named Snookums. I wanted to call him Crusher [orange crush] as he has double paws he used to swat lesser mammals. My wife wanted to name him Catty Bumpo.

Had a standard name Wiffle. She liked to run around with one in her mouth.

We used to have a Scotty named Duffy, Jacobite McDuff. He had a jaw like a bear trap.

And I had a Siamese cat named Thor. Original, huh? My cousin came to visit and tired quickly of the cat's yowling, and renamed him JAWS.
    Boom boom, Boom boom, Boom boom...

15. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    1 Golden Retriever named Bud
    1 Bull Mastiff named Chesty

Wife's 2 cats named Fatty and Little Butt

1 Blue Tang named Pootie

And of course the cats are white longhairs, i am constantly cleaning white fur off my speaker cabs.

16. atldeadhead

atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
    Georgia
    Two cats....

Lucy and Ethel.:)

17. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I have an Austrailian Shepherd mix named Bozo. It was the name he responded to thus it stuck.

Amamzing dog. I found him near Mt St Helens in Washington State. He jumped into my car, and after searching for his owners I decided to take him for the time being.
    I lived in Boulder, Colorado at the time and wasn't sure if I was gonna keep him. I had him for a week, and then left town to go to San Fran. My roomates took him to a concert at Red Rocks, and he got loose and ran away. I got back into town, heard the news and figured "Oh well, I guess he wasn't meant to be my dog". The next morning, I heard a scratching at the window of my apartment. Lo and behold, it was my dog Bozo. He looked like hell, all wet and dirty. He licked everyone once and fell asleep. For those who don't know, Red Rocks ampitheatre is in Morrison, CO. It's at least 40 miles from Boulder. It is one LONG walk through some rugged terrain. I am still amazed at how he found his way back, figuring he was only in Colorado for a week, and I had him for just a couple of days longer. After this extreme act of loyalty, I could never give him up. He's been my bud ever since.

18. Mr Widgeon

Mr Staples

Miss Korkie

Widgee & Korkie are long gone, but Mr Staples is still here - asleep, as usual...

(I really must update the web-site)

- Wil

19. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I had a cat named Enoch.

He was named after the character in the Bible, who is desribed as "Enoch walked with God all the days of his life, and then he was not." Bassically meaning that he dissappeared, because God took him.

I lost Enoch (the cat) the first day I had him. I looked everywhere in my tiny apartment. He must have gotten out somehow. After two hours of me looking and growing despondent, the cat comes sauntering out of my 15" cabinet port! He somehow squeezed in through the 2" gap, and took a nap in my amp. So Enoch it was.

I always wanted a capybara as a pet. Can you imagine the looks you get when you take one of these out on a walk?!
    [​IMG]

20. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I have a full blooded Dalmation named Peeve. (pet Peeve, get it?) My wife has a Cocker Spaniel that I named Fred, and she has a Persian cat named Vinnie.

For some reason she wouldn't let me name our daughter...:D