Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peyton Manning Breaks The Record!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Kelly Lee, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Unfortunately it happens on a day where a great football player has left us. RIP Reggie :(

Anyways, what a game! A come from behind drive to bring the game within reach and it breaks the single season record for TD's! :D This was one of the best games I have seen all year. For those that don't know, Marino's record of 48 TD's has stood since 1986. Peyton now has 49 TD's :)

I think Peyton will get 2 or 3 more next week against Denver. A 51 or 52 TD record will be there for a long time!

2. Go Peyton! I knew he would do it today. And in a comeback win too!

3. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    After watching my Ravens drop another game I saw the Colts come back and win. They know how to win and Manning is a kick ass QB.

4. He's having a great year....now let's see him win the Superbowl.

5. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Being a Packer fan all my life, and really with so many classless athletes playing today, it is so cool that a guy as classy as Peyton Manning broke the record. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy (well, I think Favre's pretty classy too, but I like Manning alot).

And yes, it's quite a shock that Reggie White died today. I'm a year older than he was. Very sad. What a great player and an even greater human being.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yippee skippee for that goofy dork. Throw all the TD's you want buddy. Your defense sucks, and you'll be lucky to win one game in the playoffs.

-Mike

7. Why all the animocity?

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I am a Florida Gators fan, so I have developed a dislike for Peyton that goes all the way back to his UT days in the mid/late 90's. He never beat us when he was at UT, which I am glad for.

Now everyone wants to go on and on about some record he set today. Good for him. He still hasn't won a playoff game, which is what really matters.

-Mike

9. True, and Peyton is all about the winning. The record is a distant second for him. The media has hyped the record a huge amount and for good reason, it's a big accomplishment. The true test is in the playoffs and I'm sure Peyton isn't taking anyone lightly.

10. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Dude, were have you been? :rolleyes: The Colts beat the Broncos 41-10 and the Chiefs 38-31 last year in the playoffs. That put them in the AFC Championship game were they lost to New England 24-14.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Watching the Super Bowl every year with Peyton Manning sitting next to me. He'll be sitting next to me this year to. Poor guy.

-Mike

12. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    You wish! :p

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

Oh boy....you a big Colts fan? If you are, tell me how that sorry defense is going to hold up.

Peyton isn't going to throw four TD passes against someone like Pittsburgh. Pitt's D against the run is #1, so that eliminates any threat from Edgerrin James.

-Mike

14. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Hey , I know the Colts D sucks. It has sucked all year with only glimpses of decency. However, the D seems to make big stops when it counts so well see, who knows?

I also don't think any defense can totally stifle the Colts offense. James can, will still rush and that poses the threat which will leave Harrison, Wayne, Stokley, Clark, Pollard, or maybe even Edge open for a pass.

BTW, Peyton doesn't have to do all the work. The receivers and tightends have been making plays after the catch all season long and thats how Peyton has 49 TD's for the year. Its all about teamwork.

Yea, I am a big Colts fan. I have stuck with them when the were 1-15 and and I stick with them now. If my team sucks, they suck...but I'll always be a Colts fan. Peyton or no Peyton.

15. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    And for that, sir, I respect you mightily.

I'm not a big Colts fan, but I personally hope Peyton wins about 10 SuperBowls. Class act, he is, and dang good QB.

16. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Thank you Ty, I appreciate that. Yea, I'm not a "fair weather" fan.

I can remember when I was still in school and couldn't afford to go to the games. Well, they never sold out (because they generally sucked!) so it was always a blackout at home. I would have to listen to them on Q95 or whatever radio station had the contract to broadcast them that year. You get pretty good at picturing the game in your head after awhile.

Funny thing is I kinda miss listening to them, weird huh?

17. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I think it was pretty cool watching him on the tv talking to Dan Marino after he broke his record. Peyton called Dan his hero. That's is class.

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    That's cool Kelly. Glad to see a real fan. I get sick of front runners. Like Ty, I respect your devotion.

I grew up watching the Steelers, and went to almost every home game from 1977-1987 when I lived back there. My whole family went to games, and we all had season tickets. My uncles still do, and still go to all of the games. I never had to sit through a 1-15 season, but I do remember a five and six win seasons. I will never give up my devotion to the Steelers, even if they re-sign Bubby Brister or Mark Malone. :)

-Mike

19. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    So, you're basically whining about Mannings success, because the Gator's couldn't beat the Vols?

20. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    That's easy to say now, but I can out do you... I've been a Bengals fan since I played PeeWee football in 5th grade... Sure, there were times when I swore up & down, that I was going to collect all my Bengals garb, stuff it in a box, cover it w/ a layer of dog excrement and have it mailed directly to Mike Brown himself. But, I never did...

Even tho', the Bengals are going to have to beat a TO'less Eagles team in Philly this weekend, just to go 8 & 8, I'm happy. I'm happy because now teams who have to play us aren't saying, "Oh,,,, the Bengals"... They're saying, "Oh NO! The Bengals!"