PF-115HE vs. Reproduction Double Baffle Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rev. Cornelius, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Rev. Cornelius

Rev. Cornelius Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Boston, MA
    To those of you who own or have used both, "Are the reproduction double baffle cabs worth the extra cash compared to the 115HE?" I would be using it with the PF-50T and look to get as close to the original tone as possible. P-bass, flats, foam. You get the idea.

@JimmyM

Thanks in advance,

Rev. C

Stumbo likes this.
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    They certainly are to me. More high end, less big low end. But as always, it's a judgment call, and a lot depends on the speaker you choose. I went with a Delta 15a in my repro double baffles.

3. Rev. Cornelius

Rev. Cornelius Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Jimmy:

Thanks for the reply. I knew it wouldn't take long. Any preference, i.e, Fliptops vs. Vintage Blue? PM me if you think that is more appropriate. Thank you again!!

Rev. C

JimmyM likes this.
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Fliptops makes a functional nice cab, but Vintage Blue cabs are works of art. Plus I've had to de-rattle the Fliptops cab occasionally but never the VB cab. And VB's latest batch of tolex is better. If I were to buy again, I'd totally go VB every time.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 3, 2021