1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

PF350 depth w/o knob guards

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Remus_Redbone, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Remus_Redbone

Remus_Redbone

Dec 27, 2010
    Western AR
    Anyone who owns an Ampeg PF350; if possible, I need a depth measurement (front panel to rear panel) of the chassis EXCLUDING the knob guards. (I will be removing those guards).

Jimmy M said he could get this for me, but has to hit the road for a gig and would be a day to two before he can assist.

I'm contemplating a PF350 for the flip top board on my old B-15T cabinet, which has a slightly smaller top opening than the newer PF115HE cabinets.

While measuring, if you will please, check the height of the "feet", or how high the bottom of the amp is from the surface on which it is sitting.

This is no emergency; I could wait on Jimmy, but my wife is demanding some ideas for my birthday gift TODAY and the PF350 is going on the list if it will fit, otherwise, 2nd choice; the GK MB500 will fit, but it's about double the price...!

Thanks in advance to whoever can help.

Remus

2. Remus_Redbone

Remus_Redbone

Dec 27, 2010
    Western AR
    There for a while, I thought every other TB member had a PF350.....

3. High Camp

High Camp

Oct 3, 2013
    Netherlands
    Hi Remus,
    The Depth including the knob guards is 11 inch, without it looks like 10 inch depth bottom, to 9 inch depth top. The front being oblique, if that's the right english word (I'm dutch)
    >> this from looking at the photos, I don't have one.
    Hope this helps a bit.
    kind regards Alex.

4. Remus_Redbone

Remus_Redbone

Dec 27, 2010
    Western AR
    We in the US would probably just say "angled back" from bottom to top, but I know exactly what you are saying. I've studied the photos and I would agree that the bottom side of the knob guards appear to be about 1 inch. I only have a 9.5 inch opening, but just below the thickness of the cabinet that frames the opening, there is about 11.25 inches inside measurement available between the baffle and the back of the cabinet.

That was reason for the question about the height of the feet. The wood that frames the top opening is about an inch thick. I would have to angle the head into the opening and slide the top board into place.

I think it will work. It's going on the birthday wish list. I'll probably get socks and a card.....