PF350/Tech 21 preamp question...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MJ_Sotti, Oct 27, 2011.

1. MJ_Sotti

MJ_Sotti formerly "Mike in Chicago"

Apr 3, 2011
    Chicago
    I have a PF350. I want to try a Tech 21 bass driver as the preamp. Does the Bass Driver boost the signal the same as the PF350's preamp section? Will there be any difference in total volume between the two?

2. username1

username1

Dec 28, 2005
    alberta canada
    I know the VT pedal has enought juice to drive the power amp section of an amplifier through the effects return but as far as total volume goes that depends on the power amp. Both the internal pre on the PF and the VT pedal have more than enough juice to drive the power amp to full power. Anything hotter will just result in clipping the power amp anyways.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 volume is related more to speakers, but also the poweramp- NOT the preamp so much, (so long as the output is enough to drive the poweramp fully). The pre will change the color or tonality, but shouldn't affect the volume at all.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021