1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

PF350 vs PF500 with regards to cab issue

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bigmuffpotpi, Feb 27, 2018.

1. PF350; better be safe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. PF500; cabs won't blow

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. bigmuffpotpi

bigmuffpotpi

Feb 27, 2018
    I have an SVT15e and plan to get a Harley Benton BB210T. The 115 is 200W 8ohm and the 210 is 250W 8ohm; I specifically chose this 210 because I don't want another 115 but wanted to match the power rating as much as possible, hence why I didn't get a 410.

The issue is, do I get the PF350 or the PF500? Together the cabs will have a 4 ohm impedence and I'm concerned the PF500 will blow them, even if I don't crank it. Thoughts? Cheers

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    No speaker will blow if you don't crank it. I do have to question why you'd want to pair a nice cab with a Budget Cab. In my humble opinion, cheap cabs are cheap for a very good reason.

plav1959 likes this.
  3. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    Personally I would get the PF500 and rock the single SVT15E, until I had enough money saved up to buy either a second SVT15E or a matched pair of good quality cabs, like two nice 210s for example. What I would not do is pair my nice Ampeg 15 with a cheap 210. :)

Is the SVT15E not loud enough for your band?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    bigmuffpotpi and JimmyM like this.
  4. blubass

blubass

Aug 3, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Current: Blackstar, DR strings, Nady. Previous endorsements with: GK, Rotosound, Ernie Ball, Cleartone, EMG, Dean, Dava Picks, Rebel Straps, Dickies
    Either head will do just fine. Amps have a volume knob so you can fine tune your volume so as not to stress the speakers.

Decide which features suit you best between the two of those heads, as the EQ is a little different, and the PF500 has a few more features like the mid selector and compressor/limiter.

Then, forget about that HB cab! :roflmao:

5. bigmuffpotpi

bigmuffpotpi

Feb 27, 2018
    Thanks all, think I'll use the dough I was going to spend on the cab to get the PF500 :bassist:

Gearhead17 and JimmyM like this.