1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

PG Color Options?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Edb, May 1, 2010.

1. Edb

Edb

Feb 13, 2010
    St. Louis
    I have a 70's telecaster that needs a new pickguard and I want to put something with color on it instead of going with the traditional black.

Outside of black, white or tort, I'm not sure if a colored pickguard would look good on the natural wood. The body is aged to a "butterscotch" color.

Since I'll have to buy the PG on the net, I won't be able to match it up in person to see how it looks before I buy it. However, I want to get an idea of what would look good and what to avoid.

If anyone has pics of butterscotch basses or guitars with non-traditional or colorerd pickguards they would be willing to post, it would help give me some ideas.

Thanks in advance.

2. JaySwear

JaySwear

Apr 15, 2010
    Gaithersburg, MD
    got a good picture of your bass? just curious

3. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

Everybody's going to tell you to get tort. Lots of people here have a fetish for it.

You might try a forest green pickguard. Would probably look good with natural wood.

4. Edb

Edb

Feb 13, 2010
    St. Louis
    Here it is.

It's modded with a "J" pickup in the bridge position, which compliments the mudbucker nicely. There's also on/off toggle switches for each pickup so I can use one, the other or both together.

I bought it with the mods, I didn't do them myself, so I probably can't answer any questions about how they were done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. why not a colored tort? (do they have a name?) seen some naturals on here w/ them and they look really cool - one was like a black/white/shell-esque which had green and black (much cooler than I'm describing). . . unique. or uniquer than black, white or tort :D

6. Edb

Edb

Feb 13, 2010
    St. Louis
    Sounds cool. I would love to check one out if I can find one...

7. JaySwear

JaySwear

Apr 15, 2010
    Gaithersburg, MD
    man, i love that black on there, so it's hard to recommend something else really... but i think a black/silver paisley one would be AWESOME.

tb_6456.

anyway, check out wdmusic.com if you haven't already. they've got some cool designs. and as far as i can tell it should fit your bass (with some holes drilled for the switches)

http://www.wdmusic.com/pickguard_tb_6400.html

8. ^^ Oh man that would look frickin' amazing on a black/silver burst guitar!! just sayin' :D

9. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    For the win.

10. TheFantod

TheFantod #5 of the Pentaverate. Took Col. Sanders' spot.

Aug 7, 2009
    Eastern N.C.
    If you have pictures, I have Photoshop. If you want, drop me a PM for some neato color combinations!