1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

PH-3 and bass.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Aukikco, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Aukikco

Aukikco

Oct 8, 2004
    Well, search found some topics on ph-3, but I found nothing on my particular question: Do you recommend buying ph-3 for bass, or does it cut too much of the lower frequencies?

2. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    I always have fun with mine. I don't recall it cutting many bass freq, but I haven't used mine in a while. It's not a transparent effect, that's for sure.

3. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I have one but don't use it anymore. It's a very lush pedal that doesn't seem to suck much low end, but it's not a quiet pedal. When it's on, it has an annoying whisper that accompanies every note.

While the phase sounds amazing, the whisper is too annoying for me and I don't use it anymore. I've since gotten far more selective in the pedals I buy.

4. suicas

suicas

Mar 12, 2004
    UK
    I've very recently sold mine. Love it on guitar, but found it really did take away a lot of low end.

I also found that the phasing effect happened to the higher frequencies, whereas the lows were sucked away, and those that were left just sounded a bit muffled.

I'm using an active bass though, not sure if that made any difference.

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I takes away some low end, but IMO it's an over the top thing anyway and still sounds pretty good.