PH-3 and bass.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Aukikco, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Aukikco

Oct 8, 2004
    Well, search found some topics on ph-3, but I found nothing on my particular question: Do you recommend buying ph-3 for bass, or does it cut too much of the lower frequencies?
  2. Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    I always have fun with mine. I don't recall it cutting many bass freq, but I haven't used mine in a while. It's not a transparent effect, that's for sure.
  3. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I have one but don't use it anymore. It's a very lush pedal that doesn't seem to suck much low end, but it's not a quiet pedal. When it's on, it has an annoying whisper that accompanies every note.

While the phase sounds amazing, the whisper is too annoying for me and I don't use it anymore. I've since gotten far more selective in the pedals I buy.
  4. suicas

Mar 12, 2004
    I've very recently sold mine. Love it on guitar, but found it really did take away a lot of low end.

I also found that the phasing effect happened to the higher frequencies, whereas the lows were sucked away, and those that were left just sounded a bit muffled.

I'm using an active bass though, not sure if that made any difference.
  5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I takes away some low end, but IMO it's an over the top thing anyway and still sounds pretty good.