Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

phantom planet

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by deathbunny, Jul 2, 2002.

1. deathbunny

deathbunny

Jun 2, 2002
    longhill
    ne1 here knows of phantom planet? i've heard a few songs and the bass sounds cool. need help to play it

2. I've searched about for Phantom Planet bass tabs. Only one I've ever found is one to Lonely Day. You can find it on their message board on their website (I forgot which forum of the message boards, though. It's the top one, but I don't remember the name) about 10 posts down I guess. Otherwise, I'd say just sit down and listen to it. I've figured out about 70% of California just casually listening to it with my bass, then trying to repeat. Good luck.

3. deathbunny

deathbunny

Jun 2, 2002
    longhill
    have you listened to Lisa? that song really hooked me to PP!

anyways, thanks for the heads up, though it might take me a few weeks to get the bass-line down pat. i'm still new to bassplaying anyway.

4. PP can be a bit rough picking up with your ear for a new guy (I started in January, tried doing it 3 weeks or so into it, and got REALLY frustrated) because of the lines the bassists will drop in towards the end of a section, but it's always good to see another bassist PP fan. Good luck, and if you tab out So I Fall Again, you had better give it here. :D