Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Phase Shifter

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sir_gabealot, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Sir_gabealot

Sir_gabealot

Jun 1, 2005
    alright the other day i got a phase shifter and its reallly sweet. any one know any cool bass lines to go with it??? thanks

-Gabe

2. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    my favorite thing to do is play chords and whole notes. but then again- i'm a pedal whore

3. Sir_gabealot

Sir_gabealot

Jun 1, 2005
    hahahaha. k i shall try. thanks again :D

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

Ted Nugent -"Stranglehold"
    O'Jays -"For the Love of Money"

5. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    The Ocean - U2

It's off their first album and it has a really nice little arpeggio bass part with what sounds like some phase shifting on it.

6. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    Didn't Flea use one on Sir Psycho Sexy?

7. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Hell no! I don't know how this Phase Shifter idea for Sir Psycho got started. To me it sounds nothing like a phase shifter at all :p

8. I think that's an envelope filter... the DOD FX25 I believe

9. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Wrong again! :p

Well, about the FX25 part. It was a filter, at least. The explanation most appealing to me is the "Original Mutron III with dying batteries". Just sounds the most likely to me.

10. Bellbass

Bellbass Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Alphonso Johnson on "Hip Pocket", George Duke\Billy Cobham: Live on Tour in Europe. True Mutron swirl from a great funkster!

11. that song is so cool :)

12. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    "For The Love Of Money" by the O'Jays from their "Ship Ahoy" album. (I think it's also teh theme song for Donlad Trump's TV show "The Appretice"

Studio session bass master Anthony Jackson created a bass line so good that he was credit as a co-writer of the song.

The phasing was his idea as he brought along his own custom phaser.

If that weren't enough he sets the standard for pick playing on bass with his 16th note cross picking technique.