1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

phaser and flanger?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ElliotBass, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Hi people, a quick question.

Can you have a phaser and a flanger in the same chain/pedalboard and on at the same time? also what would it sound like?

thanks

2. Yes.

Just tried it. It sounded pretty crazy.

3. great thanks a lot,is it a sound you would ever use in a song?

4. I have a song where I use a sped up flanger with a slow phaser; great for filling space and having an atmospheric feel. Sadly is a recent song so I don't have clips yet :(

5. no worries, thanks

6. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    yes. it can sound good and it can also sound like poo. just takes some fiddling.

on a side note, i used a FAB flange and FAB chorus at full speed together. added some delay and :eek:. it sounds silly, a little nauseating, but AWESOME! perfect for getting this look ---> :eyebrow: from people. :D

7. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    That's a pretty good description of the results of combining phase and flange. :) On slower settings it can be very "psychedelic guitar solo."

8. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    IMO it sounds a lot like an auto-wah (an lfo based one, not an envelope), but very wet.

Check out "Shards" on my myspace, the bass groove that comes in late in the song is a phaser through a flanger.