Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

phasers and compresors

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sloppysubs, Dec 6, 2004.

1. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    ok, im rounding out my set up. and it seems a lot of bass players (studio anyway) have both phasers of some kind and compresors of some kind.

what would be a good, small overdrive? not a fan of the boss odb-3. ive already got a rat for distortion and a z. vex mammoth for fuzz. looking to round everything out.

what would be a good, small phaser?

what would be a good, small compressor? i was lookin at the mxr comp. not the dyna comp, the regular one. what do yall think.

ps. not to pricey....

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  3. Heckxx

Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    A good phaser is the MXR Phase 90. Easy to use. Very transparent. Absolutely no loss of bass end.

4. Victor Wooten's got one of these. :bassist:

5. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    +1, the MXR sounds awesome.

Graeme

6. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    ok so now that the phase is figured out, what about the compressor and a decent OD?

7. the digitech bass squeeze is a pretty good compressor, i don't own one but i tried it out and it worked pretty well

as for overdrives i'd suggest looking at the distortion pedal megathread, it's a good read, it has just about anything you could imagine in there