1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Phasers: Phase 90, VFE Enterprise, Mojo Hand Nebula IV

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by smeet, Nov 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Three awesome phasers, each in its own shade of fetching orange, as phasers should be. The first three are variations on the phase 90 circuit, but each has its own personality. All work perfectly and have velcro on the bottom. All sound great in the mix and have no low-end loss to speak of.

I just added the Psilocybe, which I understand is a completely different circuit. It's also sparkly green instead of orange. It also works great and has velcro.

[DEL]- MXR Phase 90 (block script), in good shape (one small visible ding on the top). Intense phasing, biting tone, one of THE classic bass sounds. Good for aggressive tones.
    $55 shipped in the ConUS.[/DEL] (SOLD)

[DEL]- VFE Enterprise in great shape, original box and manual. Incredibly versatile. It can do 4-stage, 2-stage, and inverse 3-stage phasing. The sweep can be a focused-sounding phase, or a more diffuse vibe sound. It has both positive and negative feedback. It has a mix control. You can control the center frequency of the sweep. Internal trim pots can set the level, the brightness of the LED, and the range of the depth control. Clean sound without the classic mid emphasis of the Phase 90. Plus you can range from barely-there phasing to space battle sounds.
    $130 shipped in the ConUS.[/DEL] (SOLD)

- Mojo Hand Nebula IV in great shape, original box and manual This is a very high-quality version of the Phase 90, I believe based on the gentler phasing of the 1974 script logo model. It doesn't have the midrange peak of the current block logo MXR, and the sweep is gentler. When played solo, it's a very rich and dreamy sound. It also has a level control, which is really nice.
    $130 shipped in the ConUS.

- HBE Psilocybe in great shape. A Talkbass favorite, with good reason. Not as dreamy as the Nebula, not as versatile and wild as the VFE, but it has a psychedelic quality to the sweep that really justifies the name. I'll upload an actual picture of this guy late tonight, but for now it's a stock image that looks just like it.
    $110 shipped in the ConUS.

The below picture makes the Nebula look HUGE because of perspective. It's about a half-inch longer than the other two, and maybe a quarter inch wider.

Attached Files:

2. smeet

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Added the HBE Psilocybe bump.

3. gnergaard

gnergaard Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    PM coming your way

4. smeet

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Enterprise is sold.

5. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    That SA Orbital must have REALLY kicked some butt!

6. smeet

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I really like it. :)

It's not as wet and intense sounding as some of the analog pedals, but it sounds very good and has some really nice features.

And I'm not just saying this so these boxes will sell, but all the phasers I tried (except for that faulty BYOC) sounded great, each in a slightly different way.

7. PubliclyViewable

PubliclyViewable Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Pm'ed on the Phase 90!

8. smeet

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Phase 90 is sold.

9. smeet

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Psilocybe and Nebula IV still available.

10. smeet

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Closing this thread and starting another one, since I can't change the thread title, and the current title doesn't list the HBE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.