Phat Hed Anyone?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dave Castelo, Jul 5, 2001.

1. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000

does any of you guys have tried or owns an ibanez Phat Hed pedal??

just asking because i want to know your oppinion before i buy... how´s the distortion... and how is that "Fieldy Mode" switch on the pedal???

no, i´m not becoming the next Fieldy but my band plays some Korn Songs and if that pedal does a good Fieldy tone i might get it...

see ya!
  2. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    I have yet to try one but I haven't read a negative opinion on it yet. I think it is mainly intended as an all-around boost/od/dist. pedal. I'm not sure if the "attack switch" makes one sOuNd lIkE fIeLdY though, it seems to be some sort of harmonic boost.
  3. ahpook

Jul 13, 2001
    i just one about a week ago, and it's prtetty good - i also run a boss odb3 for 2 different overdrive sounds.

it's nice any bassy, although it can be a bit boomy, and the lower overdrive sounds are good, but the distiortion setting is a little extreme for my tastes.

as for the 'fieldy switch', i don't know what that guy sounds like, but i s'pose you mean the 'attack' control. i'm not that impressed by it TBH, it add too much hiss & takes the guts out of your sound.

but all in all, a good pedal that's a steal for it's price.
  4. sANDal

Jul 22, 2001
    The pedal is pretty good.
    It has great sound and lots of different settings. But the attack switch lay more overtones to the sound, wich kinda kills the bass and, as ahpook said, kill the sound...
  5. I use a phat hed and is a really good pedal and like that aphook dude said, it is great value for it's price, all of the tone-lok's are actually.
    The attack 'fieldy' switch is like a harmonic boost to get that real clicky 'at the throat' kind of sound.
    But you've gotta remember that fieldy runs his bass through like 9 amps to get that sound without effects, so depending on your amps quality size and power it will give you an okay fieldy-ish sound
  6. Do you know if the Phat-Hed cranks out the low B's? cuz if it does, I might purchase one...
  7. If it gets boomy I can use it for boosts, I'm pretty sure it would make a cool synth even more cold. I'll try one out as soon as I take my next trip to the Guitar Center.

Hey, an Ibanez Effect all I'd need is a Huge Ibanez Amp and theyed practically own me.
  8. can someone tell me how much one is? i was looking to get one if it's not too much.
  9. Haha, them's cheap!! I found one at the GC for 49.99 but that was a month ago they now cost around 59.99, Thank you Ibanez for making a bassist more budget friendly. :)

Why always 95 or 99¢ after the dollar figure?
  10. do you know of some site online that sells them? with out haveing to use a credet card? thanks.
  11. Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    i dunno if this site sells them but they sell most things

and cant u use ure parents credit card and give them the money?
  12. Thank you!!! i just went and got one... yippie :D :D :D
  13. DDEVIL

DDEVIL Guest

Aug 7, 2001
    godsmack... you wouldnt by any chance be getting this pedal because rob merrill from godsmack uses it are you? (just wondering)
  14. nooo :D , i actually tryed it in the store and i did like the distortion and all the effects, but i saw that he used one in a mag. so that's what made me go and check it out.
  15. I bought one about a week ago and used it with my amps eh, But then I found the perfect way to use it. By its self as a preamp into a power amp into my speakers, whoa with an Ibanez SR-305 it was cool yet simple.
  16. DeathPOPbass

Sep 11, 2000
    Hey guys/girls,

I just posted on this forum a few minutes ago, I have a PD-7 I'm looking to trade it with someone for a BOSS ODB-3...I am also willing to sell it if you are interested at all....e-mail me at

If you want a little more info on the PD-7 Check out August 2001 Issue of Bass Player Magazine :) :p :D :) :cool: