Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Phat Phunktion now on mp3.com

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, May 31, 2002.

1. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
  2. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Good stuff!

I had listened to some of the tracks before though..:)

3. EXCELLENT stuff, chief. Very "ph"unky (pun intended, but lightly).

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Hey Jason.....I got my copy of your Higher C.D. this week from C.D.Baby........great stuff!!!! I really like your band & your playing a lot.....very nice work!!

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    sweet! glad you like it!

i wish we got the opportunity to tour full time - hopefully soon we'll get the album in the right hands and it'll happen. then we'll go to hawaii and i will buy you a beer!

:D

6. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Nice playing! Sounds awesome. That's the SSII? How'd you record it?

Damn, the tone on "Rock Star" is killing me.

7. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i think everything except higher is my SSII into the interstellar overdrive into a seasound solo II digital interface into computer. higher would be with a warwick thumb and swr bass 350. the entire cd was mastered with the bass totally flat EQ wise, with no effects or anything.

the tone on rock star was the ssII in passive mode with the neck pickup soloed and a wad of acoustical foam jammed under the strings right next to the bridge :) (except on the bridge of the tune, then i put it on full pickups, active, and removed the foam)

8. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    You guys groove good! Very tight band.

9. I'll second what Oysterman said(only I'll say that "you guys groove well" ;)).

10. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    You don't think I English be nice? ;)

It wouldn't be an alliteration with "well". No excuse for being gramatically incorrect though, I admit that. :oops: