PHIL GUY ! (Buddy's brother)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by geezer316, Jun 8, 2003.

1. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    last nite (sat 6/8/03)i went to see my bass teacher/friend who is the bassist for Phil Guy,let me tell you this i say i can i will. it was out of this world ! if you like the blues then you would of creamed your panties(oops ! sorry:rolleyes: )these dudes brought down the house and then some. it was one of the best performances by a non-big name small venuse/bar scene band i have ever witnessed,for a man who is still recovering from triple by-pass surgery he was as good as it gets.its sad to see how he always had to live in the shadow of his older brother Buddy and not get the props he deserves.he's been around for forever and only now is the getting the recognition he so rightfully deserves.the band consited of a drummer,rythem/leed guitarist,piano/snth player,trumpet and sax horn section,bass player(my bud/teacher) and Mr.Phil Guy on lead vocals and guitar and they sounded like a tornado on sterioids.this man made his guitar cry,sing,scream and explode with emotion nothing like i've ever heard,i have always enjoyed the blues but never came close to feeling music like this. i was completely mesmerised and captivated by his playing,sorry to be so repetitive and longwinded but i feel its the least i can do for this man after the performance that he put on for me and the rest of the audience.if you ever have the oppertunity to see this cat play DO NOT HESITATE ! NOT ONE LITTLE BIT DAMN IT ! my ears are still ringing and my creative batteries are fully charged i'm ready to take on the music world by storm(well a sun-shower at least:D )THANKS FOR LISTENING(reading)i just had to share my experience with my fellow T.B.ers
  2. knight

Nov 3, 2002
    I agree, Phil's great. I saw him at the Checkerboard lounge in south chicago once, and he was pretty amazing. Great Tele work, he had a great bassist too. Highly recommended.