Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Phil Hendrie radio show?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stephen Soto, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    anyone else besides me listen to this? the is the most rutheless, funny as ****, radio show i have ever heard. if you don't know about this guy, his thing is, he always hated talk shows. so he has a talk show to make fun of them, he has an EQ board of some sort, so he can change his voice (it sounds real) and he calls in and interviews himself, and it pisses people off so bad! i just listen if i'm in the car, but sometimes i've never laughed so hard...
    http://www.philhendrieshow.com/

2. You're a sick bastidge Soto...uh, I like him too!

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    It's the ONLY talk show I listen to consistantly. Either Phil's a genius, or the public is really stupid! Either way, it works for me!

4. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Yes! I am a loyal Backstage Pass member. But he doesn't use an EQ board or anything fancy, it's all his own voice through a telephone.

5. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    no way dude... he can sound EXACTLY like so many different people...?

6. Jaye

Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Phil is awesome. I listen to a lot of talk radio though so I can't say he is the only one I hear on a consistant basis.

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Now, do you think a guy like me would like a guy like him? Hell yes! Sometimes I get laughing so hard while driving in my car that I have to pull over to the side. I'd love to have his gig.

8. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    yeah man. did you hear the one sometime last week, where he was "interviewing" the "guy from canada", and the "guy from canada" was talking about being an american in canada. and then phil asked "him" why he doesn't just come to america and pick lettuce or something, and he said that "that job is usually reserved for the mexicans". ****, i just laughed out of my seat. i'm thinking about signing up on his website today...

9. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    The phone is his secret. But if you listen to characters like Vernon Dozier and Ted Bell, callers have trouble differentiating between him and the characters' because he they hear Phil's regular voice through the phone, too. If you sign up for his site, you can watch his webcast of him doing the show. Last year's was the "Dumbass of the Year" awards, and all of the characters were heard straight through the mic, without the phone, and it was a pretty big difference for a regular listener.

Anyway, do you guys have a favorite character? I love the Dr. Jeff Dowder bits, as well as Art Bell (he has Art down pat).

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Ted Bell and Vernon Dozier are my faves.