1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Phil Jones - 2x C4s or 1 C8?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bertbassplayer, Feb 27, 2016.

1. bertbassplayer

bertbassplayer Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    The thread title basically says it all. I think after a while of researching and looking I'm going to get some Phil Jones cabs. I'm just torn between getting two C4s or just saving some money and getting one C8. It seems like it'd be nice to have the modular aspect of two C4s, but the built in dolly thing on the C8 seems to be a nice bonus and it isn't like either one takes up a lot of space. Anyway, any ideas? Thanks.

2. Quality

Quality

May 7, 2003
    Long Beach, CA
    I had the same dilemma. I went for the C8 and could not be happier. The wheels are a definite plus. One trip to load in and out.

3. greenduke

greenduke

Jan 21, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    Check your specs on his website: C8 has better frequency response: 25 Hz – 15 kHz better for slap styled playing.
    C4 rated at 35 Hz – 15KHz

4. Quality

Quality

May 7, 2003
    Long Beach, CA
    Here is my Rig. The C8 has a nice earthy growl to it when used with the Genzler with fingerstyle playing. I think it's a combo of the two but I think a lot of it comes from the C8

Attached Files: