1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Phil Jones 6 pack. Is it worth the $$$?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tercesyrev, Mar 5, 2008.

1. tercesyrev

tercesyrev Supporting Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    I'm contemplating spending the $2k for the PB 6 pack. I know there are many options for that price range but I love the size and manuverability of it. From what I've read they are excellent amps, even more when another cabinet is added. I'm curious how they sound and hold up? Can anyone help?

2. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I've never played one. I'm sure it's a great sounding amp. Knowing that I change amps every couple of years, a concern I would have would be how easy it would be to sell and how much would I lose on the sale.

Furthermore, every room you play is going to sound different. It's hard to tell if you'll nail a good sound every time. And, will it sound like $2,000.

3. JNW7

JNW7

Mar 1, 2007
    I've owned the six pak and 9b for a lil over a year now an they've been great for me. No reliability issues as of yet and dont forsee any. This rig is loud enuff to compete with my 2 guitarists, 1 plays through a fender twin reverb on top of an old Music Man 18inch cab, other guitarist plays through his ampeg 4x12 + 1x15 bass rig. We play pretty loud Progressive and Post rock, some huge doom parts etc etc, point is, this rig can cover it all, if you want more low end just get more speakers, PJB just came out w/ the Neo line, might want to check those out

Peace

-James