Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Phil Jones and wayne jones question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LIBERTYVILLE, Mar 6, 2003.

1. LIBERTYVILLE

LIBERTYVILLE -----

Mar 6, 2003
    as anyone played a phil jones amp and NOT thougth it was the best geat our there. also to jpj, have you played the wayne jones cabs as well and still thinkthe piranh is better. it's so hard to believe the best bass cab in the world could be made with 5 inch speakers!

I'm new btw, howdy everyone.:)

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Well, I'd like to find out more about the Phil Jones 5" speaker stuff, but they ignored my email for information and price.

Oh, well. Their loss. :bassist:

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    yes, they are related...

sike! ;)

4. LIBERTYVILLE

LIBERTYVILLE -----

Mar 6, 2003
    actually smarta** they have both been battling drug addiction for quite some time. they are JONESIN' real bad from what I hear. apparenlty they fell into finacial woes by racknig up credit card in order to keep up with the JONESES!!!!!!!!!!

btw, I'm CUTTER from prsforum. some rascal over here already took my name!!!!!:mad: :bassist:

5. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    They ignored my mail too. Not the best way to sell a new product.:mad:

6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I'm sure they are just busy. I might try again at some point in the future. I seem to remember that www.luthiersaccessgroup.com will be a dealer for them, so if you're seriously interested in something, you might contact them. I simply don't have the funds that I thought I'd have, and recently made a deal to swap cabs with someone, so I'm out of the cab market right now.

7. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hehe, Cutter!

had no idea you were a bass player. where were you in LowBlues' "bass players only" thread?

anywho, velcome to my world! MWAhahHA...

8. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Dan at L.A.G. just sent me a Phil Jones catalog. Send him an e-mail and he'll get one right out to you. It's quite an interesting read. Lots of technical info in the catalog and "white paper" . It's pretty convincing.

9. bassmanjones

bassmanjones

Feb 23, 2002
    Boston, MA
    ditto....I'm sold