1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Phil Jones Bass Buddy $199. Shipped in conUS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by yodedude2, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Offered for your consideration is a Phil Jones Bass Buddy. I tested the functions this morning: input works, passive/active switch works, eq bands all work, compressor works, auxiliary input works, speaker out/amp works, line out works. I did not check the direct out; however, that was exactly what I used it for one gig season recently and it always worked perfectly during that time.

There are some cosmetic issues: this did spend one season as my DI, so there are some dimples on the top. The logo on top is wearing off. There is a dent on the upper right faceplate. The small rubber feet on the bottom came off. I installed three plastic feet to provide stability.

It comes with the bag but no strap. The inner lining of the bag is detached on one side. It comes with the original power adapter and the polishing cloth. That is all.

Perfectly functional with slight cosmetic issues; offered at $199. shipped and insured in the conUS.

100_1339.

100_1338.

100_1340.

100_1341.

100_1337.

Thanks y'all!

2. morgansterne

morgansterne Geek U.S.A.

Oct 25, 2011
    Cleveland Ohio
    hello
    just wondering if the aux input on the bass buddy could be used for keyboards. I play bass guitar and some keyboard bass but with my markbass little mark ii I have to route keys through the PA (or a different amp) and I can't ever match the two volumes quite right. If you can use it for a keyboard line out without noise from impedance mismatch and such I think I'd be interested in it.

Morgan

edit: oh crud I didn't realize it's an 1/8 inch input. I don't think that would work for me.

3. yodedude2

Thanks for your question! I'm no keyboardist, so here's a link to the manual:

http://www.philjonespuresound.com/products/?id=2

To quote the manual: "Stereo Line Input: >50KΩ"

So if the impedance works, I'm sure one could purchase an inexpensive 1/8" to whatever adapter.

4. yodedude2

Pictures added; this if offered here for a few more days.

5. yodedude2

On hold...

6. Col E Loc

Col E Loc

Nov 8, 2009
    Brooklyn, NYC
    MINEZ!!!!

7. yodedude2

and sold. thanks y'all!

Thread Status: