Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Phil Jones bass buddy coming in

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dooft11, Jul 4, 2005.

1. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    very excited. the bass buddy is coming in tonight..
    very handy device, aux input, active/passive switch, compressor, headphone, bal out, 18V, 5 bands EQ.....

Yeah!!

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Well, any thoughts you'd like to share yet?

Tom.

3. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    ng... ng...
    here come the first preview...
    (pics coming)
    i tried the box out with my TRB, EBall Stingway, Fender P and the new mod.unknown 6ser
    First of all this little guy come with a big package, very well thought out, the package including
    A carrying case, a polish/cleaning cloth, an AC adaptor, so adaptor plug.. basically everything you will need.

The mirror chrome finish is some what beautiful, but to my personal taste, more robust casing is my taste, and you will leave finger print on the mirror finish.

the front panel is rich in context, and the two blue led is lovely, make me think of all the tb thread of how our fellows mod with the LED. one led is the power while the other is for the compressor. however, i think the graphic and text layout is somehow a bite out dated.... you know..

Function wise....very friendly product, i put my ipod thu the aux in for late night practice, i tried that with the drum machine as well..good feature..( basically thats why i bought this- i am taking it with me for Business travel)
    Still have to check out its balance output ( going to put it direct to pa) and the speaker out... tell you guys later

Soundwise.... first plug in and switch on, i find some cracking noise when i turn up the volume knob.. and the crowded front panel did make the planet wave jack somehow difficult to fit well... you know.. when i try to plug or unplug, you will hit the volume knob or other things

Sound is very good to me. i tried that with my 6ser which i am not very happy with the Bart pre.. so i turn it passive and go thu the box..sound turn out much better. the EQ is powerful and the compressor effect (default 3:1) is ok for my purpose..

Fretless thu the headphone is very sweet.....

ok ok.. more to come
    thanks alot

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Thank you for the update! This is a very unique product, and my guess is that what it does, it does well!

Take care, Tom.