1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Phil Jones Bass Buddy: Speaker not muted if headphones connected

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by phloxxo, Feb 26, 2017.

1. phloxxo

phloxxo

May 29, 2015
    Germany
    I have recently bought a used Phil Jones Bass Buddy. Although the amp is not in a very good condition, it works fine and I like its sound. Especially, I appreciate the integrated 10w power amp which I found very useful for practicing at home. Only one thing irritates me: If both a speaker and headphones are connected, the speaker is not muted. Can anybody tell me if this behaviour in intended?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Disconnect the speaker when using headphones? :)

3. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    info@philjonespuresound.com

I couldn't find anything in the Bass Buddy manual stating what you described is normal, or not. You may want to shoot them an e-mail.

4. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    tombowlus

Looks as though member above owns one... probably a PM to him/her, will elicit a quicker response...

5. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
  6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I just tried this, and it does not mute the speaker output.

Spidey2112 likes this.
  7. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Thanks, Tom! See, phloxxo... quicker response. As https://www.talkbass.com/members/stumbo.110359/ posted, I would also think using headphones would mute the speaker output, but obviously the engineers had other thoughts on this matter. I would think this 'feature' would also be mentioned in the manual... maybe I missed it.

8. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Well, you can safely run it without a load, so just unplug the speaker, if you don't want output through through the cab.

Spidey2112 likes this.
  9. phloxxo

phloxxo

May 29, 2015
    Germany
    Thanks a lot for checking, Tom!
    For sure it is not really a problem to unplug the speaker when using headphones. It is just a bit uncomfortable since I often switch between both outputs. But knowing that the device works like intended makes it easier to live with this little inconvenience ;).

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to my question.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021