1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Phil Jones Bass C12 bass cabinet!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Docbass1218, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Docbass1218

Docbass1218 Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2012
    southern New Jersey
    Price:
    $1099
    IMG_0988.JPG IMG_0989.JPG IMG_0991.JPG IMG_0985.JPG IMG_0986.JPG This C 12 is a very special cabinet, constructed in 2017. This cabinet was developed and released as a limited edition piece. I was told that Phil Jones only built 4 of these. The cabinet is constructed with TWELVE 5 inch PJB neo-power speakers! Actually, the particular neodymium used in these few cabs is what the company labeled their "black neo". As it was explained to me by the Phil Jones rep, this is their highest quality neodymium magnet.

The cabinet dimensions are only 36" x 17.5" x 15". Weight is approx. 74 pounds. However, because of the attached wheels and two well-placed handles, the cabinet is quite easy to transport.

This C12 cabinet is rated at 750 watts and 6 ohms. This is an amazingly powerful, yet articulate, focused, and fast speaker system. The Phil Jones technology and their use of smaller sized speakers is fascinating. The sonic result is astounding.

I am the original owner, having purchased this approx. 4 months ago. In that time, the cabinet has never left my smoke-free, pet-free living room. Quite honestly, the cabinet is barely broken in. While it is capable of incredible volume, I just don't play loudly. I play a 6 string bass and typically just play by myself. No gigging. The reason that I am selling is because I simply don't have the need for a speaker cabinet of this magnitude.

I have priced this as reasonably as I have because I'd like for it to sell quickly. The cabinet is in very good to excellent condition, just as it was when I purchased it from Phil Jones.

A cover is also included in the asking price.

Thanks for looking. Feel free to private message me with any questions or offers. A local deal is preferred, as shipping would be costly. However, I live in southern New Jersey and would happily drive a distance to meet up with someone to complete the sale.

EDIT. I now have a great box for shipping. So, if interested, feel free to message me.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    coyoteboy, Raw N Low, slugger and 3 others like this.
  2. Docbass1218

Jan 15, 2012
    southern New Jersey
    Tentatively sold. Awaiting payment. Thanks.

3. Docbass1218

Jan 15, 2012
    southern New Jersey
    The sale fell through. Back on the market. As i am anxious to move this cab quickly, please feel free to make offers. Please make your offers through private messaging. Thanks.

4. Docbass1218

Jan 15, 2012
    southern New Jersey
    PMs responded to. Still available.

5. Docbass1218

Jan 15, 2012
    southern New Jersey
    I just acquired a great shipping box. So, in response to whether or not I can ship this cab, the answer is now, YES.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

6. Rnb4003

Rnb4003

Oct 14, 2014
    New Jersey
    Pmd

7. Docbass1218

Jan 15, 2012
    southern New Jersey
    All PMs have been responded to. Thanks!

8. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I just got a C8 and I'm seriously impressed .Can't even imagine what this beast sounds like! GLWTS!

Docbass1218 likes this.
  9. Docbass1218

Jan 15, 2012
    southern New Jersey
    It is unbelievable. Incomparable! Fast, articulate, as loud as you want it to be. Wonderfully engineered.

10. Docbass1218

Jan 15, 2012
    southern New Jersey
    Quadzilla, i sent you a pm.

11. Docbass1218

Jan 15, 2012
    southern New Jersey
    Cab is sold. Awaiting payment. Thanks to all for your interest, and for some very interesting trade offers.

steelbed45 likes this.