1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

SOLD Phil Jones Bass Cub BG-100 amplifier, now $400!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by fred pratt, Jun 10, 2016.

1. fred pratt

fred pratt

Jun 20, 2004
    New York City
    Price:
    $400
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Phil Jones Bass Cub. Bought directly from Phil. With gig bag, all original packaging and material. Used on a handful of gigs. Excellent, almost new condition. Bass Cub BG-100 – Phil Jones Bass

This is a great little amp for smaller gigs. Weighs only 13 lbs., and the sound is transparent. It will enable you to hear yourself despite the nearby drummer or tenor player, and will enable the audience better to hear your true sound. Will not muddy up the works as, say, a GK MB150 sometimes can. Now$459, plus shipping, or easy pick-up in New York City.

Price reduced to $400 plus shipping.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  2. pnchad

pnchad

Nov 3, 2005
    Still available?

3. fred pratt

fred pratt

Jun 20, 2004
    New York City
    Yes

4. BigG022

BigG022

Jul 28, 2015
    Long Island, NY
    Is it still available?

5. Silevesq

Silevesq

Oct 2, 2010
    Quebec
    I have been considering it for a while. How does it do? How "loud" does it get? What kind of gig did you do with it?
    Why are you selling it?

6. fred pratt

fred pratt

Jun 20, 2004
    New York City
    I was selling it because I'm giving up the double bass, for various reasons. I used it on jazz gigs, on one weekly gig in particular in a noisy restaurant and bar in a band with a drummer, guitarist, tenor saxophone, and a piano. It never wasn't loud enough. It's smaller and lighter than the Micro 300 and Wizzy 10 I was using, and sounds just as good, if not better, for what I was using it for. For a bigger gig you might want a bigger amp. But this was more than fine for my purposes.

My son is taking up the bass guitar. I was gonna sell the PJB and get something cheaper, because this amp is a little too nice for a kid in middle school. But maybe it's not worth the trouble, I'm not sure. I suppose it's still available. I'm just not an enthusiastic seller.

7. Silevesq

Silevesq

Oct 2, 2010
    Quebec
    Too bad your a 8 hours away...

8. fred pratt

fred pratt

Jun 20, 2004
    New York City
    Available again! My son isn't practicing electric bass and I will likely never gig on the double bass again, so I have no good use for this little beauty.

(That's a nice looking guitar, pnchad.)

9. Silevesq

Silevesq

Oct 2, 2010
    Quebec
    You are really downtown NYC? Shiping to Montréal,Qc? Possible?

10. fred pratt

fred pratt

Jun 20, 2004
    New York City
    I'm really in NYC. Montreal is a beautiful city with a great jazz scene when I was there last. I'll ship, but it costs money. I can find out how much.

11. isolated

isolated Zenji

Dec 7, 2004
    PM being sent.