1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Phil Jones Bass D200 Amp - Tax Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by PubliclyViewable, Oct 10, 2017.

1. PubliclyViewable

PubliclyViewable

Jul 2, 2000
    Price:
    Original thread: For Sale - Phil Jones Bass D200 head

I have used the D200 all of possibly 10 hours since I purchased it from the illustrious Jeff Roller (see thread above). I have since re-purposed the rack ears for another unit, but the amp is in exactly the same shape as when I bought it. Includes power cable.

Free shipping to the Continental 48!

I will be listing some basses sometime soon, as well as other amps / cabs… I haven’t decided yet. Kind of a soft retirement from music performance.

Thank you for looking.

From original ad:

For sale, my basically brand new D200. It has been racked it's entire time since new and used less than two hours overall. My other PJB gear gets all the playing time, this one has been in the rack in reserve or for the occasion I bring an upright to a rock gig (not often).

Yes, I said racked. Phil did not offer rack ears for this amp, so I put my rudimentary machining skills to work and made my own. The hardware, chrome screws, lock nuts, metric hex mini bolts were all matched to the threads in the amp, so nothing was forced or stripped. The hardware alone ran 30 bucks, the bulk of it for the four hex flush head chromed bolts up front. So for less than new price you get an almost new D200 and custom rack ears. The foam tape in the pictures can be removed, that's just another indication of how I baby my stuff, the foam protects the amp from scratches sliding in or out of the rack.

These aren't on Phil's new website, so he may be discontinuing them in favor of the larger D600, so this may be one of the last opportunities to own this jewel.

This amp sounds fantastic with upright and a smaller Neo cab. I have used it recording, classic Phil Jones pure clean sound in a very small light unit.

It's just not seeing use, so I'm happy to let someone else enjoy it. 385.00 shipped to the lower 48, paypal is fine.

I know that's a little higher than what they have recently been going for, but like I said, try to find another one with rack ears lol....

Only trades I'm interested in would be a Demeter VTBP 201S, Alembic F1-X or F2-B, or Fender TBP-1

Here is the description from Phil's old site:

Nothing. The D-200 is a digital amp that is dead quiet. Digital? As in ‘sterile’? Hardly. As with all Phil Jones Pure Sound products, the D-200 provides pure, smooth, unadulterated sound to amplify the sound of your bass...nothing more, nothing less.

At a mere 2.5 lbs., the D-200 can fit anywhere while driving moderate stacks with 150 watts of power. A bevy of outputs make it perfect for jamming through phones or going direct into a recording or mixing console. Worldwide voltage allows the amp to operate at 16 ohms all the way down to 4 ohms-no external sources required. And finally…a sweet, padded gig bag is included.
    “I'm using this amp with my upright and either EBS or EA speaker cabinets. Very impressive right out of the box. Very happy to be able to take it to Europe and plug in and play. Probably the best feature for touring musicians.” – Registered D-200 Owner

ModelD-200
    Type1U high, lightweight digital bass amplifier,1CH,150W output,5 band EQ,limiter,Active/passive input,headphone out,DI out,pre-amp out
    Size9.5 x 8.25 x 1.75 inch (W x D x H)
    Poweroutput150W RMS
    SpeakersNONE
    Net Weight2.5 lbs/1.1 kg
    Volts100 to 240V AC

Attached Files: