1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Phil Jones Bass PJB 16B - $600

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by PubliclyViewable, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PubliclyViewable

PubliclyViewable Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2000
    ***SOLD***

The time has come. I've loved this cab for 6 years, but it won't fit in the new car well and it looks like I'll be going with smaller cubes in the future. That being said, it is an INCREDIBLE cab! There are quite a lot of awesome things said about Phil's designs, and I am still holding on to my 8T.

I've powered it with my DB750 and more recently my Tone Hammer 500. The cab is wired 8 ohm, and has a super punchy delivery and (as everyone says) allows a transparency that shows you what your fingers, strings, pickups and amps ACTUALLY sound like.

It has a few minor scuffs, as it's been to about 50+ gigs, but remains 100% performing. The casters are the only issue (however small), to be honest. They roll and spin just fine but the mounting shafts are wobbly, and I don't have a wrench thin enough to get inside to tighten them. It isn't at all like they're falling off, but I would like to bring it up as full-disclosure.

$600, and I will ship if buyer pays for shipping- please be aware that it may be *quite* bulky and $$$! I can arrange a meeting within 50-or-so miles of 54935.

Thank you for looking!

Post Script: It stands to mention that it is a one-owner cab from new, and I was SO interested in it that I spent just north of $1400 on it... Just sayin' :smug:

Wm.

Attached Files:

2. PubliclyViewable

Jul 2, 2000
    More Pics:

Attached Files:

3. PubliclyViewable

Jul 2, 2000
    And more pics:

Attached Files:

4. PubliclyViewable

Jul 2, 2000
    And yet more pics:

Attached Files:

5. PubliclyViewable

Jul 2, 2000
    PJB love bump

6. Jeff Roller

Jeff Roller Jeff Roller Gold Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Maryville, TN
    I have this same cab, if you were within a couple hours drive you could consider this sold!

As far as the loose wheels go, I had the same problem, no wrench thin enough to access the nut.

Do this:
    Turn the cab on it's side. Push the locks down on the wheels and manually spin the casters in clockwise until snug. With the wheel locks in place, you can really put some torque on them, so you won't have to repeat this often.
    Works for me every time.

GLWTS!

7. PubliclyViewable

Jul 2, 2000
    Thanks for the heads-up! I will take care of it today. Perhaps I need an excuse for a road-trip...:help:

8. PubliclyViewable

Jul 2, 2000
    Bump

9. PubliclyViewable

Jul 2, 2000
    Up!

10. p12bassnut

p12bassnut Be wierd Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2009
    DFW Metroplex
    Im curious, what would this cab be in equivelant 10" speakers ? Perhaps a 4x10 or larger ?

11. PubliclyViewable

Jul 2, 2000
    Well... I know that there are a few discussions about this very subject here on TB, but I can't recall where I read them...

Mathematically, I know it isn't as simple as 4x10= 40 speaker inches or 16x5=80, etc. By getting the feeling, sound and dimension of the cab (since those are subjective and cannot be proven or dis-proven by maths :ninja:), I would say that it feels like a XST Eden 4x10 or Ampeg 8x10. But with that being said, it is SO much different, as far as rapidity of attack and absolute unflappability... but no one ever said that an XST or Ampeg 810 were flappy...:rollno:

Perhaps I made the correct career choice after all and stayed out of advertising!:rolleyes:

12. PubliclyViewable

Jul 2, 2000
    Up

13. PubliclyViewable

Jul 2, 2000
    This may be driving rollerberg2000 a little crazy... but... *bump*:bag:

14. Jeff Roller

Dec 24, 2007
    Maryville, TN
    Yes!
    Someone please buy this and put me out of my misery bump!

Otherwise I'm looking at burning up two vacation days next week on a road trip.

Which I can easily coax the wife into.

Explaining the large item I picked up for the return leg won't be so easy, so I need some advice if this is still here next week.

Should I surprise her?:bag:

15. Jeff Roller

Dec 24, 2007
    Maryville, TN
    In the words of Bob Seger.....

"Come To Poppa!"

:bassist:

16. PubliclyViewable

Jul 2, 2000
    SOLD to Rollerberg2000!!! It was only a matter of time...:bag::p