1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Phil Jones Briefcase

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by CQBASS, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CQBASS

CQBASS

Dec 1, 2004
    Asheville NC
    Hi guys, I haven't been around in a while because of a serious brain condition for which I'm going in for a full on brain surgery in 5 weeks. I don't want to sell it because I probably won't be able to get one for this cheap later, but that how it goes sometimes. Anyway, I'm selling some gear to help keep food on the table until I'm recovering. You all know the the amp. This one is in mint condition and was bought from a fellow TBer last year. It's the one that has the custom green cover made for it. I was using it with a Heil pr-40 and absolutely loved it for those quieter gigs but not quiet enough to go acoustic. I hate to sell it and have full plans to buy another one as soon as I'm recovered enough to start gigging again. Anyway, I'm asking $400 + shipping just because I need the dough so bad. Paypal only. Here's a couple of not so great pictures from my cell phone. I see he's raised his prices on his website which bums me out, but he, you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. email or pm me with any questions, preferably email at cqbass at gmail dot com
    Thanks for looking, Chris

Attached Files:

2. Sorry, I can't use the amp, but best of luck to you, man!

3. Marc Piane

Marc Piane

Jun 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Chris. Best of luck. I had major brain surgery 6 years ago. I know how you feel. Hang in there. A positive mental attitude is the best medicine.

4. Phil Rowan

Phil Rowan Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Brooklyn, NY
    Man, if I could flip my GK I might be tempted to pick this one up. Chris, have you checked out Andrew D'Angelo's blog? I'm sure you already know, but he had a brain tumor removed not too long ago. There's tons of great info on brain healing and recovery on his blog (www.andrewdangelo.com/blog.php). I had my own issues with my brain 2 years ago, only it was a TBI (luckily no surgery was needed.. but boy, did I come close).

5. CQBASS

CQBASS

Dec 1, 2004
    Asheville NC
    Thanks for the info, I'll check out that blog. Chris

6. CQBASS

CQBASS

Dec 1, 2004
    Asheville NC
    Amp is sold. Thanks for the words of support guys. Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.