1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Phil Jones Cabinets: Piranha C4 VS Neo Power Compact 4 Lite

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nunovsky, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    Hi! In my eternal quest for the most portable rig ever, I came across these two Phil Jones cabinets and I'd to ask for some advice on this.
    From what I seen, they both use 4x5'' speaker and handle 400w at 8 ohms. The Neo has a lower frequency range from 25hz-150khz and weights about 10kgs. The Piranha handles from 35hz-150khz and weights about 13kg, but is 100€ cheapper.
    What can you tell me about these cabinets and is the Neo really worth the 100€ diference?

2. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    Anyone?

3. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    I have a C4 and I love it. I play musical theater and big bands and the cab has no problem handling the needed volume and tone. I was a little worried that the small speaker size couldn't deal with low frequencies, but that was silly worry on my part. The cab can put out more low volume than I'll ever need. (headphones deal with low frequencies and they're really small). The C4 is very portable. I'm considering buying a second one since I often leave a rig in theaters for a long run and still have other gigs and rehearsals.