1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

phil jones flightcase

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mkstylee, Feb 17, 2008.

1. mkstylee

mkstylee

Feb 17, 2008
    anyone know why my phil jones flightcase is overload clipping when i start slapping the input level cant go past say 9 o'clock
    without the light flicking on and the bass eq is flat warwick $$ corvette the signal seems to strong anyone know ?cheers

2. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    are you hearing clipping or just seeing the light?
    are you using the comp on the flightcase?
    do you have fresh batteries in your bass?
    (this thread should probably be in amps)

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    +1 to all of those points/questions. As long as you're just seeing the light flash and not hearing any distortion, it's fine. Also if you flip the input switch to "active" and you turn the input gain down, you should be able to avoid any overload. PLus, you mentioned it only happens while slapping- that tells me your peak levels while slapping are out of control. The best ways to fix that IMO are:
    1) work on your technique until your peak levels when slapping are not much higher than your peaks with fingerstyle.
    2) get a stomp compressor and only kick it on when you start slapping.