1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Phil Jones in NY-NJ area free amp clinic

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gilsonite, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Hey NY metro area players, anyone interested in trying out the Phil Jones amplifier line see below. Its free and it should be fun.

Forum Mods, not 100 percent clear on the posting rules, but I thought I would post this info for anyone interested in checking out cool bass gear.

[​IMG]

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    is he going to demonstrate his angry-pm'ing-when-someone-has-a-critique-of-his-products skills?

:D

3. garmenteros

garmenteros Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    Too bad I'm far away, I'd totally be there.

4. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    Oooh, that must have been before my time. Sounds like a good old-fashioned TB PR disaster.

5. Hey now, be nice, ... I hope not, I've never met the guy or played thru his products.

6. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    You might want to cross-post this event in the "Social Events & GTGs" forum - unless it's too commercial to qualify and/or the mods don't allow cross-posting... :meh:

MM

7. I thought about that, but still not really clear on the rules, so hopefully anyone who is local and can make it, it should be a cool hang.

8. I'd love to go and try out the roadcase, but I'm too far away. I'd be interested in the roadcase if it could replace my M500/6T/9B set, as it seems more mobile.

9. Sir Funkalot

Sir Funkalot Phil Jones Bass

This event is going to be a lot of fun. We will have a few high end bass makers showing off their fine instruments too. Plus there may be some big name players showing up..

....and to Jimmy M No I promise not bite off anyone’s head off! In fact I love positive criticism, just not the unqualified BS stuff that I do get from time to time on the forums.
    but it's OK, everyone is entitled to thier opinion.

Anyway the day will be a great one and we have lots of good food and freebies to give out. Any bass player (or even guitarist as we will show our guitar amps) in the area is most welcome to join us. It’s all about us dedicated bassists bringing our basses, hanging out and talking bass.

10. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    well unfortunately i live in fla so i can't make it, but glad you have a sense of humor about it, phil ;)

11. Sir Funkalot

Hey Jimmy
    maybe we can get down to Florida sometime and hold a similar event. We will keep you posted.

12. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    How about one at your Peoria IL dealership(Flores)?

13. Sir Funkalot

That may be possible. We will have to work out logistics though to see if it is feasable.

14. Mid week reminder :cool:

15. Count me in!

16. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I wish I could make it. That sounds like a ton of fun! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :cool:

17. I may just have to go - sounds like fun! Props for doing this. . .

18. In that case, I don't think I can make it. ;)
    (just kidding)

19. MWBass

MWBass

Jun 19, 2005
    Belford, NJ
    I was there today.

Played through an M500, 16B, 8T stack for a few.

Then spent about 10 minutes on the P-1, D-4000, and 2-12B stack.

Then I proceeded to spend almost an hour on the roadcase prototype. I played for so long the had to coerse me off the stage with a free sandwich.

That combo smokes. I was playing one of my basses that I built and it sounded phenominal.

Rumor floated around that the production model would have a bit more juice and they were going to tweak for more low bass and a few other small modifications.u
    Regardless, the cabinet had a huge sound and could definitely hang in any band setting... and that was only at half gain, and half master volume.

I also lifted the combo a few times, its definitely only 70 pounds... may be heavy for some, but for a 700+ combo, kudos to Phil.

Thats my two cents for now...

20. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Sounds like a good hang! I definitely look forward to spending some quality time with a Roadcase combo one of these days! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :cool: