1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Phil Jones M500 amp head $800

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Shumasonics, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shumasonics

Shumasonics

Aug 24, 2011
    Hartford, CT
    Extremely good condition Phil Jones M500 bass amp for sale. I imagine most people know what these are, but some highlights are incredible build quality, old fashioned iron transformers, switchable parametric and graphic EQ's, and most importantly, a really punchy and toneful clean sound that has unbeatable "Balls" and definition.
    Wattage varies depending on the ohmage of the cabinets you have hooked up to it, I think it runs from 500-720. This thing is plenty loud, I have never needed to run it close to the limit.
    I have 2 Phil Jones M500's as I wanted a spare when I was touring and playing more. I never needed the spare, and I'm not playing as much right now. This is the nicer of the 2 heads, although anyone who wants to come by can compare the two and take their favorite (trust me, there is no difference). Here is the products webpage http://www.philjonespuresound.com/products/?id=6

New these sell for $1595. Cash price $800.

Photos here
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/80235663@N06/sets/72157630735701686/

2. Shumasonics

Shumasonics

Aug 24, 2011
    Hartford, CT
    bump

3. Wow, this looks to be a great deal. I had been thinking of driving down to Roxy Music to check out the Road Case when I saw this posting.

According to most accounts the wattage is quite conservatively rated. But I need to get a new video camera, so it's pixels and not watts for me.

Cheers

4. emailed on this head

5. Jeff Roller

Jeff Roller Jeff Roller Gold Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Maryville, TN
    Great deal, this head is vastly under rated, and not many of them out there! Would love to buy this one as a backup, but alas, my gigging days are winding down.

Bump for a great head!

6. I'll take it, PM'd you. Please invoice me. Thanks.

7. Shumasonics

Shumasonics

Aug 24, 2011
    Hartford, CT
    SOLD to HotPocket! Thanks everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.