1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Phil Jones Session 77 First Impression

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MrBassman17, Dec 29, 2016.

1. MrBassman17

MrBassman17

Dec 30, 2011
    Brewster, NY
    I just bought and played a Phil Jones Session 77, and I have to say I am impressed! I have been looking for a small portable combo amp without sacrificing the low end and punch, and I believe I have found it! It weighs about 30 lbs., rates 100 watts into two 7" proprietary speakers and a tweeter, and is loud! Played a two hour rehearsal and had no problem. Of course, this is the all acoustic band and I was using an active bass (Epiphone Zenith). It won't replace my two 15" Apmeg cab's and SVT7Pro, but I can cary it with one hand!
    Needless to say, I think I have found the perfect small venue/practice/rehearsal rig!

Badwater likes this.
  2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I missed this thread when it first came out. Are you still liking the amp at this point? I've been curious but never seen one.

3. MrBassman17

MrBassman17

Dec 30, 2011
    Brewster, NY
    As much as I liked it, I have since sold it and now have a Carvin MB10 + Carvin 210 expansion cabinet. I found no fault with the sound of the Phil; just needed more flexibility and power, which the Carvin gave me.