1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

Phil Lesh & Bob Weir - Songs to Fill the Air

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by silvertone, May 4, 2017.

1. silvertone

silvertone

Nov 6, 2007
    SF, CA
    Phil Lesh has been like a kid in a candy store as of late playing on a near daily basis at his beautiful Terrapin Crossroads club in San Rafael, CA with a wide cast of GD aligned musical compadres.

Last night was a very special event in the recent "Songs to Fill the Air," series of backyard concerts. Many of these have been free shows - last week I witnessed and vid capped a great set featuring Phil with Barry Sless, Scott Law and Dan, "Lebo," Leibowitz which I uploaded to Youtube (10 files).

Yesterday's show was put on sale at 9 AM on Tuesday, May 2 and sold out in about 3 minutes.
    Tickets were a reasonable $20 inclusive of service fee.

Playing a gorgeous cocobolo topped Custom Alembic short scale 6 string bass alongside Bob Weir, Phil's son, Grahame Lesh and the redoubtable Scott Law on Guitars with Jason Crosby on Keys and 6 string fiddle - this assemblage stretched and jammed before an adoring audience in perfect 80 degree weather.

Songs to Fill the Air - May 3, 2017
    In the Backyard at Terrapin Crossroads
    Phil Lesh
    Bob Weir
    Grahame Lesh
    Jason Crosby
    Scott Law

Vid Caps by Ted Silverman via Sony Rx100ii

Tremendous show for a low price ($20) with a fanstastic crowd
    A+ Weather and an impressive band featuring Phil and Bobby!
    With Grahame Lesh, Jason Crosby and Scott Law doing terrific support
    of the music and it's principle architects.

DSC05464.JPG

Notes:
    Cassidy was never finished and my cam battery died toward the end of the jam.
    Weir was vocally clamming throughout the show but the audience loved it.
    Grahame Lesh has fully stepped up his game and was great.
    Jason and Scott are totally worthy of this level of performance.
    Yet another amazing TXR experience!

1. Playing in the Band

2. The Wheel

3. Big River

4. Feel Like a Stranger

5. Uncle John's Band

6. Liberty

7. Mountains of the Moon

8. Cassidy (unfinished + my cam battery crapped out.)

9. Dear Prudence

Sithian and kesslari like this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 20, 2021