Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Philadelphia PA - teacher recommendations??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by oddentity, Apr 30, 2001.

1. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    Can anyone recommend a good bass guitar instructor in the Philadelphia area?

I know of a few really good guitar instructors who also teach bass, but I'm looking for someone who teaches bass primarily.

Thanks!

2. td1368

td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    Philadelphia
    I'm in the Philadelphia area and started taking lessons with a jazz guitarist. I've been playing for a while but just started taking lessons. I can highly recommend him though if your interestred. I know you're looking for bass instructors but I thought I'd chime in with my two cents.

3. i hear that a lot of the people who work in the sam ash store in franklin mills are good teachers. i go to a place called howard herberts. i wouldnt recomend that place though. not really any pure bass teachers. im gettin lessons from a guy who plays guitar untill i can read music better and start playin more bass stuff than guitar

4. td1368

td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    Philadelphia
    F.Y.I. I started a thread over in general instruction called "guitarist as teacher" to discuss the pros and cons. There are some observations worth sharing.