Phildelphia Folk Festival; Anyone Playing ?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by godoze, Aug 22, 2005.

1. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I'll be playing in limited capacity on Saturday night with some biggies... I shouln't even be stressing my hand with this but i absolutely could not turn it down.

Will anyone be attending or playing ?

IT is one of the best folf festivals on the right coast.
  2. I'll be there next year, I just moved into philly area this week.
  3. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    coindicental.. I'm from Catonsville...
  4. nicklloyd

nicklloyd Supporting Member/Luthier

Jan 27, 2002
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Wow, I've never been to a folf festival. What's it life?
  5. Bobby King

Bobby King Supporting Member

May 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    It's like a mighty wind a-blowin'! Blowin' you and me!
  6. I moved to Glenside in August (from Columbia, Missouri). So far, the music scene here seems, in a word, strange... some "old timers" have confirmed my impressions that it is very provincial here. :eyebrow:

Still, I love that I can see Marshall Allen playing in some dive on South Street until 2 am on a Thursday night. Much different from Columbia, Missouri! :cool:
  7. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    yep, it's strange.... marshall allen plays all over the place around town...

that dive wouldn't be the tritone would it?
  8. Marshall is such a cool guy. Very friendly and all around cool. (I'll admit, I'm more than a little excited that I'll be going to see him at his house later today... most of my jazz heros are, well, dead... so it is very cool to be able to talk to one of the living ones... ok, now that I typed this, that's just weird...)

Indeed, that dive is the Tritone... or as I am starting to call it, second home.

Saw Elliott Levin there last night. Ed is such a tight drummer... but Howard wasn't on bass for a change!
  9. Where would the tritone be? For that matter any suggestions on clubs to check out? I'm really bored with the mainline...
  10. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    Hey Donzee, what are the particulars? I'm at the VSA convention at the Valley Forge Hilton, just had dinner with Ahnold and Ken. This shindig ends at 5:30 tomorrow, so I might be able to swing by to see your gig on my way out of town. When/where/who with you playing?
  11. I think you missed it John, it was the 26th-28th of August.
  12. Halfway between 1st and 12th :p

But seriously, it's 1508 South Street (South and 15th).
  13. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    <<--- slaps forehead and says "Doh!"
  14. So is this occuring again this year? I'd love to go!