Philip Kubicki Ex-Factor Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Coleman, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Coleman

Oct 13, 2001
    Hong Kong
    1)the figare board is flat and not like Fender Vintage Jazz bassfigare board?
    becuase i have fender vintage jazz bass and the figare board hard to contral for me!

2)the sit position is like fender jazz bass?
    (i am not a tall boy and long hand, so fender jazz bass sit postion is suit to me)

3)and the sound is good for everystyle? include jazz?
  2. 1) fingerboard is not flat
    2) i sit with a strap on, cant really answer that one
    3) tone for miles...there is a passive mode which sounds like a j-bass, 2 active an 3 passive...get almost any tone you can think of and the low D string has piano like quality, Concert tension
  3. Coleman

Oct 13, 2001
    Hong Kong
    tks for help, i concern about the fingerboard, it GOOD for finger fast move and do some techique(tap, slap....)

what mean 2 active an 3 passive?

and the sit position like fender jazz bass?(Question 2)

plz hlep more
  4. hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    Is it good for slapping/tapping??? Ever heard of Stuart Hamm?

An ExFactor sounds like the PERFECT bass for you. :)
  5. FAO Heath the great.

Is it just my bass or it the output level generally quite low on Kubicki Ex-factors

I ask because even in active modes with a heathy boost of highs and lows (but not too much) I still find myself reaching to increase the input gain on my amp compared to my passive Fender Jazz.

By the way, what colour do you have?
  6. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    The out put is a little low, but he has new electronics out, 18v that has more. There great basses and i love mine
  7. The output on mine is quite high, even on the passive modes...

what i meant by active and passive modes is you have a 6 way switch.
    1 - standby
    2 - Normal Active Mode
    3 - Low End Boost Active (My Fav)
    4 - Bright Passive
    5 - All Roud Passive, Jazz bass like tone (sounds like jaco when rolled to the bridge)
    6 - Deep Passive, Useful for stuff like Cream

You Dont have a Fender Make kubicki do you Rob? 4way instead of 6?

Mines a Bahama Green, im hopefully gonna get a Fretless twin, ive gotten a quote off phil for $2800aus since its a custom color.....but i found out what stu hamm used it for, it was the main bass on the Rolling Stones/Joe Satriani Tour
  8. Mines a 1993 model and has a 6 way selector so I don't think it's a Fender.

My Kubicki is also bahama green but it's it fair bit darker than yours.

I too love this bass and would never sell it.
  9. mines an '89...fair bit af fadage...but looks like a burst in some areas..which is really cool... :D