Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Willett, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Willett

Dec 30, 2003
    i live in the delco area.
    im looking for some stores that sell a wide varity of basses.
    the only stores around me are a george's, guitarcenter, and a place called top 10.
    they dont have many basses and guitarcenter carry only fender and ibanez mainly.
  2. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

Medley Music has a paltry but cool selection of F Basses, and a stray Aguilar preamp. it really is a dry desert.

but take a 1.5 hr trip up to NYC. worth a saturday day trip to hit Rudy's, Bass Boutique, Manny's, etc.
  3. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    guitar villa in quakertown has a selection of MPG, a fodera , too many Roscoe's to count , Fenders, blah blah, and spector...
  4. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    They had 2 new Roscoes LG's (a 4 & 5)... both of which had issues IMO, a pretty nice Zon Sonus Special (I think it was a Special), a cool fretted Curbow with a more traditional body-style, Kydd and NS Design elec. stick uprights, a Rob Allen, a Tune that needed a setup, assorted Lakland, Spectors, Warwicks, 2 Rics, Fenders, and on down to the usuals.

Amp-/Cab-wise: Eden XST and XLT, Aguilar GS-4x12 and DB-750, Epifani 3x10, Demeter Tube power-amp, Demeter VTBP-201s, Trace V-type, Warwick Quadruplet, & Ampeg SVP-Pro Pre's, Bag End 2x10, 4x10, and 1x15, and assorted other Ampeg and Genz stuff... Not a bad selection overall! ;)
  5. VJP

VJP Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2001
    If your up for about a 1 hour drive, go yo New Jersey Guitar and Bass Center in Edison, NJ ( I've spent way too much money there). Good selection of new & used basses, amps. Phone # is 732-225-4444 I think. Do a search under New Jersey Guitar or something like that to find the website ( not sure how up to date the site is).

6. Willett

Dec 30, 2003
    thanks ill definatly check those places out.
    ive been to medley music before.
    not liking the basses there.
    they seem to have a better selection of guitars.