1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

PHISH IS BACK!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LuckyCondlins, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Wooohooo

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/breaking-phish-reunites-for-sandsios-wedding/

Quote:
    Breaking: Phish Reunites For Sandsio’s Wedding
    After a break of over four years, Jam-pioneers Phish reunited this evening in New York City at the wedding of former road manager Brad Sands. The quartet treated the crowd to a three song set that included old standbys Suzy Greenberg, Julius and Waste. As if that wasn’t enough, shortly after Phish left the stage drummer Stewart Copeland of The Police joined the wedding band for Can’t Stand Losing You and The Meters’ Fire on the Bayou. Congratulations go out to Mr. and Mrs. Sands.

This isn’t the first time Phish reunited after a lengthy layoff at a wedding of a former employee. On December 1, 2001, the band members rocked out Wolfman’s Brother > Boogie On Reggae Woman and Loving Cup at the wedding of Dionysian’s Jason Colton shortly before the fourteen month-mark of their first hiatus. They also played at the wedding of Beth and Steve Drebber on August 12, 1989 as described by Kevin Shapiro for the August 1989 edition of This Month in Phish History:

After a steady spring and early summer of touring, Phish’s first performance in August was on the 12th at The Burlington Community Boathouse playing at friends Beth and Steve Drebber’s wedding reception. As a member of a local band, The Joneses, Steve got to know Phish, meeting Beth at a Phish concert in February of the previous year (see This Month in Phish History, February 1988). The Drebbers’ was one of only a few wedding gigs Phish played over the years. They performed a set of jazz standards followed by a more adventurous set of Phish originals and covers for the newlyweds. One of the covers was a wedding request for the band’s only performance of the Allman Brothers’ Blue Sky.

One clip from the wedding has surfaced on YouTube and we’re sure plenty of pictures from this monumental affair will surface in the upcoming days.

whose got my ticket?

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Oh god... I sure hope Phish don't show up at my little sister's wedding this month.

3. Phantopeth

Phantopeth

Jan 10, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I know that there was talk of the four of them hanging out and jamming, and seeing where things go from there this winter. This wedding gig could be another step forward towards a reunion!

I'm buying tickets to their first show back, no matter where it is, the second they become available: I cannot wait :)

4. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    :spit::scowl::rollno:

5. so theyre a wedding band now?
    good for them. moving up in the world.